Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default error admin Warning: require(includes/application_top.php

Hi,
    I hope i went to right section. I find this site confusing but it is probally just me. I downloaded the canada post shipping module and
    thought i was to put it in "admin to admin-includes to includes etc. but when i went to view my webpage i updated the template then checked the shipping module to see if it was there and it was not so i deleted each file and when i went to go back to my zc_admin i have error messages and cannot get it? my error messages are
    Warning: require(includes/application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/rainb342/public_html/zc_admin/index.php on line 10

Warning: require(includes/application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/rainb342/public_html/zc_admin/index.php on line 10

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/rainb342/public_html/zc_admin/index.php on line 10

i suppose i deleted the wrong file and probally have to start from scratch agin with reloading my zencart from fatatico but wanted to check first if I could get help thanks rainbowfire.ca

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: error admin Warning: require(includes/application_top.php

Those error messages are telling you that your /admin/includes/application_top.php file is missing from the server.
    Why did you delete that?
    Or why did you perhaps delete the entire /admin/includes/ folder?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well thats not good. ANy suggestions on how to fix this. step by step? thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. Login to your FTP
    2. Fix whatever files are missing.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

thats easy for you :) i do not know know how to fix it. i suppose i open my includes file and add some code to line 10? not sure what to add?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Your problem has nothing to do with "line 10". You're looking at the end of the error message, instead of the beginning of the message. The beginning is telling you what the problem is, and the end of the message is telling you what part of the code discovered the problem.

A clean fresh install of Zen Cart puts all the required files in the right places.

Apparently you've done something to delete some of those files, or you've dragged-and-dropped them into some other folder where they don't belong.

I suggest your first approach should be to put back whatever files you've deleted or dragged to the wrong place.

If that's puzzling to you, or doesn't solve your problem, here's the most efficient place to start: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Plugin Contributions

If i do a fresh install of zen cart do i loose all my website and have to redo the mail, shipping all info etc?

Plugin Contributions

i tried comparing many files and do not see anything strange.

Plugin Contributions

Now i have a warning across top of my web page.
    I was in ftp ad was ftping file on file in hope they would repair it and this happened?

Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Admin->Tools->Server Information to review patch levels.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart installation involves two parts: the PHP files and the database.
    Your problem, up until your last post, suggested that your difficulties are a result of damaged PHP files. So, replacing the PHP files from a backup made before you started changing things in the first place, would be a good step.

And your new database error message is somewhat alarming, but initially still suggests that it's a PHP file problem, since it's using the PHP files to check the database version.

So ... I have NO idea what you've done to the files on your server, nor to your database, and no clue what sort of backup strategy you have for your site.

But, clearly you need to do some cleanup in order for things to work again.

I've already given you the information about what I would do if I was in your shoes.

But I can't tell you exactly what to do, because I don't know exactly what you've done to your site. I can tell you to make sure you have good backups, and then replace the files on your server. But judging from what you're saying so far perhaps you should hire someone to help you with your specific problems ... ideally someone who knows how to make sure you don't lose any data in the process.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast