Plugin Contributions

Default Pulling hair out over "not accepting payments from your region"

I've been digging through the forums for hours trying to solve this on my own, with no luck.

I'm receiving the "Sorry, we are not accepting payments from your region at this time." error in my cart no matter what I try.

Here's the rundown of my settings:

Zones/Taxes:
    Created zone definition for Delaware, details set to Country "United States" and Zone "All Zones".
    The only tax class is Taxable Goods, with tax rate of 0% (Delaware is tax-free).

Shipping:
    Flat rate is the only module installed. It has no zone set.

Payment:
    First Data/Linkpoint is the only module installed. It has no zone set and is set to testing mode.

I'm testing products that are not free, with shipping weights of 0. Products are set to Taxable Goods tax rate.

Configuration > Shipping/Packaging > Order Free Shipping 0 Weight Status is set to 0. (no free shipping).

I've tried everything I can think of, but I'm not getting anywhere. Help!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Pulling hair out over "not accepting payments from your region"

That message appears when you've got no available payment methods authorized for use with the address the customer has selected for their billing address. So, the first thing we have to ask is what address you're using and how that compares with the Country and Zone data in your store. If you've gone and altered any of those defaults then the "why" needs to be explained.

Further, please click Reply below and answer all the questions in the Posting Tips section on that page.
    While you're answering those questions, please also explain why you've created any zone definitions at all, if you're not using them anywhere.
    Your URL will help too.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the speedy reply.

The test site address is:
    http://www.atiptlogoshop.com/zencart/

You can use the demo login:
    [email protected]/demodemo

I'm using a fake but plausible address for the test account:

Demo User
    1313 Mockingbird Lane
    Anytown, DE 19702
    United States

I did try deleting the Zone entirely, but that didn't help. (As you said, it didn't seem logical to need one if not being used.) Zone is currently set up as described in my original post.

At this point, I've probably tinkered with ALL of the relevant defaults at some point.

Answers to the tips questions are below.

=========================

What version of Zen Cart?
    v1.50

Is it a new install or an upgrade?
    New Install

What the addons/contributions you have installed?
    None

What customizations have you made?
    Custom template

What type of server are you using?
    Linux box on Bluehost

Are you installing locally?
    No.

What operating system?
    Windows

What version of PHP is installed on the server?

v5.2.17

What version of MYSQL is installed on the server?
    v5.1

What you were doing when your problem occurred?
    Any attempt to checkout.

What are the steps to reproduce the problem?
    Any attempt to checkout.

Have you attempted to fix the problem?
    Uninstalled/reinstalled shipping and payment modules. Tried multiple zone setups.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Admin->Modules->Payment ... you said you have only the FirstData module enabled? What color is the icon beside it? What color are the icons for the other modules?

What happens if you click on the Check/MoneyOrder module and click Install? How does that affect checkout now?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

FirstData icon is green, all others were red.

I installed the Check/Money Order module. I made sure both modules had proper sort orders set. (FirstData is 0, Check/MO is 1)

Now, when I go to checkout only Check/MO is displayed, and I get no errors or warnings.
    Last edited by Sixdeuces; 22 Feb 2012 at 03:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like a damaged PHP file?
    Have you customized the /includes/modules/payment/ files in any way? Have you tried replacing the files with originals?

Plugin Contributions

I made no changes to the payment module.
    To be sure, I re-uploaded the module. No change.

I also turned on the COD module, just to see if it would work. Like the MO module, it works fine with no errors.

It really seems like the problem is specific to this Linkpoint module, but if the uploaded files are fresh, where else could the problem lie?

Plugin Contributions

OK, I made some progress in narrowing this down.

I went into the Linkpoint module, and bypassed the zone check. To my surprise, the module still did not show.

So, I got to thinking... the zone error only appears when Linkpoint was the only module installed. If it was being disabled some other way, the system would assume no payment modules are set for the zone, and return the error.

So, I went back into the module, and noticed just before the zone check there is an SSL check. I disabled it, and VOILA! The module appeared.

I went back to the page and, sure enough, the site is not being forced to SSL. I double checked my config files, and they are set properly. SSL works fine if I type it in manually in the URL.

So now I just need to figure out what's preventing the site from using SSL automatically.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

How to properly enable SSL in Zen Cart:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=14

Plugin Contributions

Yup... it came down to a typo.

There was a misspelling in my config file that was causing the site to default to no-SSL.

I deleted the config files from the server, reuploaded them, and everything now works like magic.

Thanks so much for your assistance in resolving this issue!