Plugin Contributions

Default Admin area blank- php fatal error json_encode, though JSON shows enabled in phpinfo()

Hi. I started upgrading from 1.3.8a to 1.5.0 a couple of days ago. I followed everything to the letter, and so everything was going great. But when I try to log into the administrator area, the page is blank. I checked the myDEBUG-adm-*.log files in the /cache directory and the error is-

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: json_encode() in /../admin/includes/init_includes/init_admin_history.php on line 34

So I had my webhost enable JSON, and checked phpinfo, we're running 5.3.10 and JSON is enabled.

But I still get the "Call to undefined function: json_encode()" even though JSON appears to be enabled in phpinfo().

Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin area blank- php fatal error json_encode, though JSON shows enabled in phpin

I've found then when I view phpinfo() from a .php file under HTTPS, it displays a different version and configuration than under regular HTTP.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin area blank- php fatal error json_encode, though JSON shows enabled in phpin

My webhost now updated it to be running the new version, and the json error is gone.