Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brampton, Cumbria, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

cart error csshover.htc causing 404 errors

I am having a bit of trouble trying to persuade my web hosting company (NativeSpace) that the problem is with them and not with Zencart.

They are saying that 'csshover.htc' is causing my site to switch over to the 'IE error 404'.

I have two versions of Zencart loaded to two different sub-folders and both are causing this error.

If you wish to have a look at the problem;

www.edencraftssupplies.co.uk/shop - V1.3.9h

and

http://www.edencraftsupplies.co.uk/v15 V1.5

Click on any link to see what happens.

This problem is only with Internet Explorer (my is v9), it does not seam to affect any other browser. I am running Windows 7, I am unable to check anyother version.

I have only loaded one theme, to both versions.

Their comment is '...This actually seems to be an issue with Internet Explorer; Firefox and Chrome work normally, but IE is trying to load public_html/edencraftsupplies.co.uk/shop/csshover.htc and failing. It seems like a problem in the stylesheet....'

I would like somebody just to check this out and prove who is correct.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: csshover.htc

That's because your /includes/templates/iC_AthemeV1.3/css/stylesheet_header_menu.css file contains a call to csshover.htc:
    Code:
    body {  
    	behavior: url(csshover.htc);
    	}
    Only IE needs csshover.htc because it's the only browser that isn't smart enough to do css hover effects on its own without the aid of helps.

And, attempting to access /shop/csshover.htc on your server fails ... as in the file isn't found.

Your simplest fix is to upload the csshover.htc file to your /shop/ folder so that IE can find it when it needs it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Where can I get this file as it is not in the unpacked version of v1.5? Also when I have a copy of the file for v1.5 will it also work with v1.3.9h?

Plugin Contributions

Another bit; can I remove that part of the script so that it is not called?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That file doesn't come with Zen Cart. It comes from your addons, most likely from the template you chose to install.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Dr Byte is correct. The HTC file is packed in with the menu add-on you have installed. Just grab it and FTP it to the server.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    That file doesn't come with Zen Cart. It comes from your addons, most likely from the template you chose to install.
    I have had a look through the addon I have used, iC_AthemeV1.3, and does not have the file

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

As I said before, the stylesheet_header_menu.css file located in your /includes/templates/iC_AthemeV1.3/css/ folder is the one which is making reference to the csshover.htc file.

So, either delete that .css file if it's not actually needed for anything you're using on your site, or finish correctly installing all the components that came with the addon that it came from.

Maybe it didn't come with your template. But, it certainly came from some set of files that you added yourself.

Plugin Contributions

You're not looking hard enough...
    \icatheme_zen_cart_css_template_v1-3\includes\templates\iC_AthemeV1.3\css\csshover.htc

If it's not there, just go grab another copy of the template.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: csshover.htc causing 404 errors

OK found the file opened it only to find it is a blank file. Thanks I will remove the reference for the 'stylesheet_header_menu.css' file and see what happens then.

Thanks for your time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast