Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Trying to send gift certificate, hit "send" get 404 page not found

I'm not sure why, but while it worked last night when I was testing it, but today when I go to send myself a test gift certificate with my (whopping $5) gift certificate balance, I enter the person's name, email address, amount, and message, then hit the send button...

...aaaaaand get a 404 Page Not Found page, with my site map and stuff on it. What did I screw up?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Trying to send gift certificate, hit "send" get 404 page not found

Click reply and fill in the posting tips you will see above the text entry box to give us more info, have you checked your
    websites /cache folder for debug errors
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Have you already posted about this issue? If so, DO NOT POST a duplicate. Instead, reply to your existing post, with MORE information.
    What version of Zen Cart are you using?
    Has your site been upgraded? When? From what version(s)?
    If you've upgraded, HOW did you upgrade? (official upgrade procedure or an automated script from your hosting company?)
    What addons have you installed? When? I have the USPS shipping addon, the Amazon Checkout addon, the editable sideboxes, the testimonials... I think that's it. They were added several days ago at the most recent, and the gift certificates were working find after all of that.
    HOW did you install it? (upload via FTP and run zc_install, or a one-click install from your hosting company? (one-click installs are NOT recommended))
    In what ways is your site customized or different from a brand new uncustomized install?
    If you're encountering display/layout problems, post your site URL* so it can be seen in action.
    If you're encountering problems that could be related to your server or hosting company, include the name of your hosting company (not their URL). -- Hostmonster.com but I doubt it's related to them as it was working fine the day before.
    HAVE YOU LOOKED IN THE FAQ AREA for answers to your question? (ie: a search for your error message or what you want to edit/change, etc) Yes.
    Have you searched the FORUM for your error message or for answers to the question you're asking? Yes.
    WHEN did the problem "start"? How does that compare with other events of your hosting company, changes you've made to your site files/addons, or your admin settings, etc? The problem started yesterday. I did change this domain to be the primary domain on my account, but all that affected was my email forwarders. I did edit the shopping cart template and made some CSS changes, but I don't remember editing anything related to the gift certificate pages... though if I knew which one was the problem I could go look...
    If this is your first store, have you tested all aspects of transactions before going live? This is my first store and it isn't truly "live" yet, though I have had some friends look at it, and one friend who has tried my product posted a testimonial. I have been in the process of testing all of the transaction possibilities--that's what I was doing when I discovered this problem.

The url is http://opalessenceshop.com if you want to look at it.

Yes, I've cleared cache and cookies--didn't help.

Plugin Contributions

I don't mean your browsers cache, zencart has its own cache folder on your site

which would be at opalessenceshop.com/cache

You need to check that directory either via cpanel(or whatever your hosting control panel is) or your ftp client as you can't (for obvious security reasons) check it with a browser, this is where zencart will store errors that it encounters. If there are error in there please post the most recent. and look through them and see if any mentio gift vouchers etc

The other thing to check is in cpanel (this is outside of zencart nothing to do with it) check your weblogs for the time you made an attempt to use the gift voucher and there should be a log of what files were called and responses, sometimes weird security settings/ownership of files can cause issues, (part of that in some instances is also to do with how the site was installed)
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

There was nothing interesting in the cache, and here is the last bit from the access logs (the error logs showed nothing related to my site at all)

Code:
    108.20.159.79 - - [01/Mar/2012:16:22:26 -0700] "GET /index.php?main_page=gv_send&zenid=lf9lcng5bcpg6tsvqcl671v6j3 HTTP/1.1" 200 6595 "http://opalessenceshop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3&zenid=lf9lcng5bcpg6tsvqcl671v6j3" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.56 Safari/535.11"
    108.20.159.79 - - [01/Mar/2012:16:22:28 -0700] "GET /includes/templates/custom/buttons/english/button_send.png HTTP/1.1" 304 173 "http://opalessenceshop.com/index.php?main_page=gv_send&zenid=lf9lcng5bcpg6tsvqcl671v6j3" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.56 Safari/535.11"
    108.20.159.79 - - [01/Mar/2012:16:22:28 -0700] "GET /includes/templates/custom/buttons/english/button_back.png HTTP/1.1" 304 174 "http://opalessenceshop.com/index.php?main_page=gv_send&zenid=lf9lcng5bcpg6tsvqcl671v6j3" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.56 Safari/535.11"
    108.20.159.79 - - [01/Mar/2012:16:22:36 -0700] "POST /index.php?main_page=gv_send&action=send HTTP/1.1" 302 748 "http://opalessenceshop.com/index.php?main_page=gv_send&zenid=lf9lcng5bcpg6tsvqcl671v6j3" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.56 Safari/535.11"
    108.20.159.79 - - [01/Mar/2012:16:22:36 -0700] "GET /index.php?main_page=page_not_found&zenid=i27ejat36rel03p7k481fm2j81 HTTP/1.1" 404 5760 "http://opalessenceshop.com/index.php?main_page=gv_send&zenid=lf9lcng5bcpg6tsvqcl671v6j3" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.56 Safari/535.11"

Plugin Contributions

What files are involved in the send gift certificate process? I could always upload the originals from the zip file and see if that fixes it...

Plugin Contributions

I got this message via email but it looks like it's been erased: "Have you checked your websites?"

I am not sure quite what that means, but what I've done is re-upload the main page template, all the files that start with gv_, the email extras file, and several other files that mention gift certificates from a fresh zip of Zen Cart 1.5.0... it didn't help. I still get a 404 when sending a gift certificate.

Plugin Contributions

I've been encountering this problem on a website as well, we can't for the life of us figure out what the problem is and everything else works fine on the site relating to gift cards, it's just customers with a balance can't send a gift certificate to another customer without getting a 404 error

Plugin Contributions

Are you running your store from your host's main public_html (or equivalent) folder or from a subfolder? My problem turned out to be that I was running it from a subfolder using .htaccess and ModRewrite. When I moved it to the root it all worked. Of course, I had to move my 23 other domains to a new hosting account to do that...

Plugin Contributions

I am having the same problem with the gift certificate getting a 404 when sent to someone. There is nothing in the error logs or cache that is helpful. I am using Zen cart 1.5.0, which has not been upgraded recently. When it was, the official upgrade procedure was used. No addons are installed. It has some very basic customizations (basically replaced images with new images and same names) but that's all. Nothing that should affect the way it works. We are using Hostmonster hosting and everything else is working just fine... Once the submit button is pressed to send the gift certificate to someone it goes to: https://url.com/store/index.php?main...page_not_found instead of a confirmation page. Could it be a path problem? It's not in the root directory and can't be (due to the layout of the site). From what I've read it may be a path problem *somewhere* but am not that versed with php to find the problem, or perhaps I don't have a mail setting correct? How do I fix a path problem for that page - the rest of the site works great so I don't want to move the whole site just to mess up something else that is working fine. Can anyone help me please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast