Plugin Contributions

Default Changing Default Currency without changing prices

1) I know how to change the default currency, that not exactly what this is about

The issue is this i am working on an Aussie based store and noticed the default currency is set at USD,

USD and AUD are both set at 1.00000000

Now will changing the default from US to Aussie cause any changes to products pricing, and also will it effect any payment modules, i am kinda stumped i have never encountered this before, All stores i have worked with have had the correct currency set for the default.
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing Default Currency without changing prices

Considerations:
    1. The BASE prices you set (NOT the tax-included prices) are the prices Zen Cart works from.
    2. Zen Cart ONLY calculates currency exchange on prices when the visitor selects a currency other than the "default currency". And to do so, it uses the BASE prices on your products to do that, along with the exchange rate your store is configured to use between those currencies.

So, if your USD and AUD are already set to 1.00000 then there's functionally no difference in changing which one is default, as far as regular purchases go. The product prices are stored just as a number, not as a number connected to any currency code. They are separate things.

You're very lucky that you'd set both to the same exchange rate initially.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Cheers for that Dr Byte.
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Hello i am upgrade zen cart 1.5.5e but i have problems with currency, currency is not working on my site. i am make a default GBP but it show a USD Sign Please help me Fast.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by janak View Post
    Hello i am upgrade zen cart 1.5.5e but i have problems with currency, currency is not working on my site. i am make a default GBP but it show a USD Sign Please help me Fast.
    You can not see the $ symbol change or you do not see the actual price change when you change the default currency?
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base7 with Wholesale PRO - 88 preinstalled plugins zero errors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by janak View Post
    Perhaps you could explain what actions were taken.
    Also could provide a site address, then a price expected to see for a specific product and include the currency associated.

My guess is that only a portion of the assignment of the default currency being GBP was completed if the existing entered price values were to be for GBP and/or the conversion rate(s) haven't been updated to reflect alternate currencies or some other possible issue.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...