Page 8 of 81 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Default Re: Dynamic Filter 1.0 not working for Options

I'm not sure if jimproz has the problem with multiple attributes or not, although I tested that on my own site and it didn't give me any problems.

You're probably best adding
    Code:
    die($listing_split->sql_query);
    before the $listing = $db->Execute($listing_split->sql_query); line in includes/modules/product_listing.php.
    That will show you the SQL statement that is being generated. You can then hopefully see what is causing the issue....why that statement is returning an incorrect number of rows.

Remeber to remove the statement after though!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by damiantaylor View Post
    I'm not sure if jimproz has the problem with multiple attributes or not, although I tested that on my own site and it didn't give me any problems.

You're probably best adding
    Code:
    die($listing_split->sql_query);
    before the $listing = $db->Execute($listing_split->sql_query); line in includes/modules/product_listing.php.
    That will show you the SQL statement that is being generated. You can then hopefully see what is causing the issue....why that statement is returning an incorrect number of rows.

Remeber to remove the statement after though!
    LOL I actually did that before I replied to this thread and got the same result as jimproz. There is an error in my cache that says

PHP Warning: strlen() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in ...includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 154

I did some searching on the forums and I guess it is/used to be a somewhat common problem but none of the fixes suggested worked for this case (probably because I'm still trying to decipher the code in functions_general.php).

I replaced all of the dynamic filter and product listing pages with defaults and now I'm not even showing any product results at all but I am getting the 'Displaying 1 to 7 (of 7 products)' <sigh>.

Plugin Contributions

I managed to get this mostly working on the search listing after changing the header for the page - for some reason on my site, I needed to disable most of the $order_str lines to get it to work properly.

The only problem I have now is that if the product has an attribute with more than 28 options, it says the product cannot be found when you try to filter by the attribute even though that attribute is not included in the filter. I updated the only attribute I have with so many options so that the products_options_length and products_options_size have limits of 100. But no go.

Any clues on where to start looking?

Oh, and in split_page_results.php on or about line 25 there is an option to turn on debugging so you can see the sql that's being generated for the query if you didn't know already.

Plugin Contributions

Default dynamic filter plugin error 1054 Unknown column 'm.manufacturers_name' in 'field list

i am trying to use this plugin http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1361 which is great by the way on my store with 1.3.9g. but it gives an error on the product listing pages about an unknow field m.manufacturer_name.

has anyone been able to use this with 1.3.9g?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: does anyone have a 1.3.9g mod for dynamic filter plugin?

here is the error...
    1054 Unknown column 'm.manufacturers_name' in 'field list'
    in:
    [SELECT DISTINCT p.products_model, m.manufacturers_name, p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_id, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description, IF(s.status = 1, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status =1, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, p.products_sort_order, p.product_is_call, p.product_is_always_free_shipping, p.products_qty_box_status FROM products p LEFT JOIN specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id LEFT JOIN products_description pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id JOIN products_to_categories p2c on p.products_id = p2c.products_id WHERE p.products_status = 1 and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '449' GROUP BY p.products_id order by p.products_sort_order, pd.products_name]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: does anyone have a 1.3.9g mod for dynamic filter plugin?

alright I found the fix for this the plugin is still a bit shaky for 1.3.9g especially with the css it doesnt match my template at all...

in the file override includes/index_filters/YOURTEMPLATE/default_filter.php

find lines 113-127 this sql query that is built in here calls for the m.manufacturers_name field but it never specifies the manufacturers tables in the join statements.

add this
    PHP Code:
    " LEFT JOIN " TABLE_MANUFACTURERS " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id" 
    right below this
    PHP Code:
      " LEFT JOIN " TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id" 
    and your all set .

Plugin Contributions

Default Dynamic Filter attribute sort order

Great add-on! But, is it possible for it to use the sort order of the option Name? It seems to sort alphabetically with no way to change it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Filter attribute sort order

Bump. Hoping damiantaylor sees this to respond. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Dynamic Filter v1.0 not working

I just installed "Dynamic Filter v1.0" It works in the back end the lay out box control is active and Conf>dynamic filter is on.
    But It dosent show up on the front page.
    I want to filter categories and sub-categories (for now) I downloaded the new version of Jquery and renamed it 'jscript_jquery-1.4.0.min.js'. as stated in the instructions.

can anyone help?
    website Corvetteanything.com
    "THANK YOU" to all the contributors for the help.
    Current site we are working on is
    SFM Auto Parts

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Filter v1.0 not working

This mod?

http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1361

It is now version 1.1

Just last evening I installed it on my main demo site here:

http://www.webdivision.prommart.com/...ex&cPath=65_66

I took you straight to the filter's page, as it does not show on the homepage and only in categories with products. This is a subcategory with products, so it shows.

Prior to this, I installed the Dynamic Filter on yet another test site with the Rubik template. This is a more sophisticated template - like your TM template probably is - and it busted some pages. Perhaps if I can merge better I can get it working.

My first link where it does work required no merging.

You might also get more help if you post in the Other Contributions Sideboxes forum, where this mod has been more active.

BTW, I don't recall having to download anything special.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Page 8 of 81 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast