Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Filter: PHP Warning: strlen() expects parameter 1

Perhaps.

But since the problem doesn't happen with original code, the most efficient way to find out where your specific problem exists is to do the comparison.
    Thankfully automated tools like WinMerge make it simpler.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have made a lot of changes and added a lot of addons to my sites (multisite addon also), from 2 or 3 years,
    The update is made by someone who I found at freelancers site in india (I haven't a good experience with that),

So should I check all changes and for that I must remove and reinstalle each addon !

thanks

Plugin Contributions

I have made a lot of changes and added a lot of addons to my sites (multisite addon also), from 2 or 3 years,
    The update is made by someone who I found at freelancers site in india (I haven't a good experience with that),

So should I check all changes and for that I must remove and reinstalle each addon !

thanks

Plugin Contributions

If you upgraded to 1.5.0 from any other version, you need to check EVERY add-on because some are not yet compatible. You probably should double check them all anyway but absolutely if you moved to 1.5.

Blessings,
    Krisann
    I donate to the Zen Team do you?
    My current project: BestSewingDeals.com;

Plugin Contributions

I ended up uninstalling the Dynamic Filter completely and reverting the functions_general.php file back to the zen-cart original because my CPU usage went through the roof. It was up to 88% yesterday. I'm lucky my hosting company is being really understanding and letting me sort through the trouble. If it isn't the DF mod that drove it up then it will most likely be something in IH4 because those were the last two mods installed when the CPU usage spiked.

Any other ideas about what it could be are greatly appreciated.

Blessings,
    Krisann

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

CPU spikes are often caused by a "while" loop that's iterating through database results without specifying a MoveNext call ... resulting in an endless loop that spins out of control until the server kills it for running too long or killing CPU.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    CPU spikes are often caused by a "while" loop that's iterating through database results without specifying a MoveNext call ... resulting in an endless loop that spins out of control until the server kills it for running too long or killing CPU.
    Thank you, I just wish I understood what that means, .

After removing the DF mod the cpu usage dropped back down to 3% so something in that mod was mis-configured. I think I misunderstood part of the directions and installed an extra jscrip.jquery file (it said to download it and rename it...). I'm just guessing though.

I re-installed IH4 and it seems to not be affecting the CPU negatively at all.

I'll live with the default filter for the time being.

Thank you!

Blessings,
    Krisann

Plugin Contributions

application error Dynamic Filter is not working in my customized site

We have a customized Zen Cart 1.5 web site. We are trying to add the Dynamic Filter plugin.
    From the following URL:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1361

We managed to get the filter choices (Price and Color) to be shown in the left sidebox, but the products were not displayed in the main part of the window.

The code in the 'template file overrides\includes\index_filters\MY_TEMPLATE' folder, in the file 'default_filter.php' does not display any products and presents the following error where the products would be listed:

WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

-----
    We pasted the code for 'we show them all' from the existing 'default_filter.php' file into the new 'default_filter.php' file and got the products to list, but the filtering does not effect the list. Apparently the 'show them all' code is the only code that is being executed because of the filter conditions are not being met.
    I have a link to a short video showing the product list does not change when the filter settings are changed.
    http://screenr.com/B3J8

Below is the code that was pasted into our 'default_filter.php' file.
    Below that is the 'We show them all' code that works from the old 'default_filter.php' file.

* We want to get the filtering code to work with the appropriate fields so that it references the field list and performs the sql query that shows the items that fit the filter selection.

Please provide a code fix so we can get the filter to work.

Filter code that does not work on our site.
    -----
    // bof dynamic filter 2 of 2
    if (isset($_GET['filter_id']) && zen_not_null($_GET['filter_id']) || isset($_GET[DYNAMIC_FILTER_PREFIX . $categoryGroup])) {
    // We are asked to show only a specific category
    $listing_sql = "SELECT DISTINCT " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id,
    p.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description,
    if(s.status = 1, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status = 1, s.specials_new_products_price,
    p.products_price) as final_price, p.products_sort_order, p.product_is_call, p.product_is_always_free_shipping,
    p.products_qty_box_status";

$listing_sql .= " FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p" .
    " LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id" .
    " LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id" .
    " LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id" .
    " JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c on p.products_id = p2c.products_id" .
    ($filter_attr == true ? " JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " p2a on p.products_id = p2a.products_id" .
    " JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " po on p2a.options_id = po.products_options_id" .
    " JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov on p2a.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id" .
    (defined('TABLE_PRODUCTS_WITH_ATTRIBUTES_STOCK') ? " JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_WITH_ATTRIBUTES_STOCK . " p2as on p.products_id = p2as.products_id " : "") : '');

$listing_sql .= " WHERE p.products_status = 1" .
    " AND m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$_GET['manufacturers_id'] . "'" .
    " AND pd.language_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "'" .
    $filter .
    " GROUP BY p.products_id " .
    $having .
    $alpha_sort;
    } else {
    // We show them all
    $listing_sql = "SELECT DISTINCT " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id, p.manufacturers_id,
    p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description, IF(s.status = 1, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as
    specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status = 1, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price,
    p.products_sort_order, p.product_is_call, p.product_is_always_free_shipping, p.products_qty_box_status";

" LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id" .
    " LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id" .
    ($filter_attr == true ? " JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " p2a on p.products_id = p2a.products_id" .
    " JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " po on p2a.options_id = po.products_options_id" .
    " JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov on p2a.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id" .
    (defined('TABLE_PRODUCTS_WITH_ATTRIBUTES_STOCK') ? " JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_WITH_ATTRIBUTES_STOCK . " p2as on p.products_id = p2as.products_id " : "") : '');

$listing_sql .= " WHERE p.products_status = 1
    and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "'
    and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$_GET['manufacturers_id'] . "'" .
    $filter .
    $having .
    $alpha_sort;
    }
    } else {
    // show the products in a given category
    if (isset($_GET['filter_id']) && zen_not_null($_GET['filter_id']) || isset($_GET[DYNAMIC_FILTER_PREFIX . $manufacturerGroup])) {
    // We are asked to show only specific manufacturer
    $listing_sql = "SELECT DISTINCT " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id, p.manufacturers_id,
    p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description, IF(s.status = 1, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as
    specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status = 1, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price,
    p.products_sort_order, p.product_is_call, p.product_is_always_free_shipping, p.products_qty_box_status";

" JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c on p.products_id = p2c.products_id" .

$listing_sql .= " WHERE p.products_status = 1" .
    " and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "'" .
    " and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'" .
    $filter .
    $having .
    $alpha_sort;
    } else {
    // We show them all
    $listing_sql = "SELECT DISTINCT " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id,
    p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description, IF(s.status = 1,
    s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status =1, s.specials_new_products_price,
    p.products_price) as final_price, p.products_sort_order, p.product_is_call, p.product_is_always_free_shipping,
    p.products_qty_box_status";

$listing_sql .= " WHERE p.products_status = 1
    and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'" .
    $filter .
    $having .
    $alpha_sort;
    }
    }
    // eof dynamic filter 2 of 2
    -----

The working code for the 'We show them all' that is from the 'good' default_filter.php (file without the dynamic filter):
    -----
    // We show them all
    $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description, IF(s.status = 1, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status =1, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, p.products_sort_order, p.product_is_call, p.product_is_always_free_shipping, p.products_qty_box_status
    from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " .
    TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " .
    TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p2c.products_id = s.products_id
    where p.products_status = 1
    and p.products_id = p2c.products_id
    and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id
    and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'" .
    $alpha_sort;
    -----

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Dynamic Filter - not picking up lowest price

Dynamic Filter on two zencarts:

1. http://www.promdressesglobal.com/products_all.html
    zc 1.5.0
    All products shows minimum price at $20. This looks okay, except we don't have anything priced that low.

2. http://www.findmypromdress.com/all-products/
    zc 1.3.9h
    All products shows minimum price at $178. But this is not correct, as we have products at $99 and down to $69.

Now, our Quickship on this site does show lower prices, down to $58:

http://www.findmypromdress.com/quick...p-dresses-330/

$58 is more accurate, although we don't know where the filter is getting the $58

Questions:

1. Why the price difference in the filter results between Quickship and All Products?

2. How or where is the filter getting it's lowest price? (since we do not have prices that low.)

Thanks.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Filter - not picking up lowest price

EDIT: Okay, we found the $20 price on the zencart 1.5 site where the filter works okay.

Still a problem on our main site - zencart 1.3.9h - where All Products is not picking up the lowest prices on the site:

http://www.findmypromdress.com/all-products/

Still shows lowest price as $178, but we have products at $69 as shown here:

http://www.findmypromdress.com/quick...p-dresses-330/

Our theory: price conscious customers will look at All Products then look for their price range in the filter, but it doesn't show lowest prices.

Thanks for any help.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast