Page 52 of 81 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.5.3 Support

That explains it. There is not yet a version of this plugin compatible with Zen Cart 1.5.3

Plugin Contributions

I apologize for being such a beginner at this. May I ask for a bit of advice? Having the filter is something I will definitely need in the store because of the amount of products. If you were me, would you continue working on 1.5.3 until the store is done, and then install the update if it's ready? Or would you install an older version of zencart and work within that one? Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

There's no telling when the new version will be ready. I'm not the author.

If you *need* this plugin, you're probably better off using Zen Cart 1.5.1 for now and upgrading later. If you got with 1.5.3, you could wait a long time for an update to this plugin. No offense to the author, we are all volunteers and do this as time allows.

Plugin Contributions

I understand completely. Even besides the issues I was having, it was perfect on the pages it did work. Thanks again. I'll install 1.5.1 and begin there.

Plugin Contributions

Okay. Running 1.5.1. I get "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again."
    and in logs I get
    1054:Unknown column 'm.manufacturers_name' in 'field list' :: SELECT DISTINCT pd.products_name, p.products_image, pd.products_short_desc, m.manufacturers_name, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_id, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id,
    p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description, IF(s.status = 1,
    s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status =1, s.specials_new_products_price,
    p.products_price) as final_price, p.products_sort_order, p.product_is_call, p.product_is_always_free_shipping,
    p.products_qty_box_status FROM products p LEFT JOIN specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id LEFT JOIN products_description pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id JOIN products_to_categories p2c on p.products_id = p2c.products_id WHERE p.products_status = 1
    and pd.language_id = '1'
    and p2c.categories_id = '684' GROUP BY p.products_id order by p.products_sort_order, pd.products_name in /home/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 120

Plugin Contributions

Well I'm gonna blame it on being too tired right now. I'm not getting to the bottom of this. I'll try again tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: upgrading this plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    Just carefully merge the files and you will be fine. The biggest difference is in the general functions file.
    From my quick review, I'm pretty certain that the v1.5.3 version of the functions_general.php file already incorporates the changes that this plugin was attempting to do. So, from now on the functions_general.php file should be excluded from this plugin, and the official ZC version of the file should be used.

And other than that, I think that the rest of the v1.5.1 files for this plugin are probably fine since the affected "core files" were not changed between 151 and 153.
    So, to use it on 153, use the plugin's 151 set of files EXCEPT keep the original ZC v153 version of functions_general.php

That said, I'm making these comments simply based on a very quick look at code, and not from doing any tests on a live site.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Freeburg View Post
    3. The biggest (and weirdest) issue is that it's actually making the entire site disappear. When I go to the site, it's a completely blank page.
    This article would be well worth the read: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'll give that a shot by just using the general functions file from 153. As far as the missing page. I know there wasn't any issues uploading the files, the strangest part is that I have to be logged in to admin for the site to show up. If I'm logged in, the site works and looks completely fine. Odd. But I'll try and get this general functions loaded and see what it does. I appreciate the help.

Plugin Contributions

ok, well that functions_general doesn't help my situation. I get the half blank site with the Warning message telling me to try refreshing. The logs talk about m.manufacturers_name as stated above.

I also have no side box showing for this. It did register in the admin and I've activated it. Just not showing...

Thank You.

Page 52 of 81 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast