Page 53 of 81 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.5.3 Support

Quote Originally Posted by bumba000 View Post
    Okay. Running 1.5.1. I get "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again."
    and in logs I get
    1054:Unknown column 'm.manufacturers_name' in 'field list' :: SELECT DISTINCT pd.products_name, p.products_image, pd.products_short_desc, m.manufacturers_name, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_id, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id,
    p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description, IF(s.status = 1,
    s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status =1, s.specials_new_products_price,
    p.products_price) as final_price, p.products_sort_order, p.product_is_call, p.product_is_always_free_shipping,
    p.products_qty_box_status FROM products p LEFT JOIN specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id LEFT JOIN products_description pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id JOIN products_to_categories p2c on p.products_id = p2c.products_id WHERE p.products_status = 1
    and pd.language_id = '1'
    and p2c.categories_id = '684' GROUP BY p.products_id order by p.products_sort_order, pd.products_name in /home/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 120
    On a strictly technical level, the reason it's saying "unknown column m.manufacturers_name" is because you don't have any reference to the manufacturers table in the query, let alone the name. So, whatever you're doing to trigger the error is because the code is either missing mention of manufacturers or you've got some switch related to manufacturer data turned off for whatever page you're trying to display and the addon author didn't account for that possibility.
    Maybe go back to the admin settings for the page where you're seeing that and turn on manufacturer info?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: upgrading this plugin

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    From my quick review, I'm pretty certain that the v1.5.3 version of the functions_general.php file already incorporates the changes that this plugin was attempting to do. So, from now on the functions_general.php file should be excluded from this plugin, and the official ZC version of the file should be used.

And other than that, I think that the rest of the v1.5.1 files for this plugin are probably fine since the affected "core files" were not changed between 151 and 153.
    So, to use it on 153, use the plugin's 151 set of files EXCEPT keep the original ZC v153 version of functions_general.php

That said, I'm making these comments simply based on a very quick look at code, and not from doing any tests on a live site.
    You are right Dr, I had come to that conclusion also.

The new version will be ready this weekend, Just finishing up the readme and final testing.

Plugin Contributions

installed on v1.51. The sql out of the box did not work. used modified one from the thread. how do i sort by price, Pretty much the only option i want, option does not show on any page?
    Most options are greyed out.
    Also how can i remove original Filter Results by: or replace with this mod
    http://floorz-n-more.com/
    Last edited by jimmie; 11 Dec 2014 at 02:00 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Well I haven't been stumped like this in quite some time. The best I've come up with so far is to remove the index_filters/template/default_filter.php. That stops the warning and logs I've mentioned. I can't find an admin setting having to do with manufacturers that lets this work. So after removing the default_filter.php and the site loads, if the filter sidebox is enabled, it breaks the column left and any sidebox that should appear after the filter box is blown out all over the site.

I have found settings regarding manufacturer in admin>config>product_listing. I only plan to use this filter on the product listing and advanced search pages. Where else might I find settings for manufacturer that might help resolve this?

Anymore help on this would of course be greatly appreciated.

Thank You, John

Plugin Contributions

So, with the index_filters/template/default_filter.php in place, the filter sidebox enabled, viewing a category with products, I get the warning and error logs. If I make a selection from the filter side box the warning goes away and I get no error logs, but the site is still broken and nothing is filtered out.

Plugin Contributions

I've got ZC 151 installed and working correctly now. I have the filter working, but for some reason it only works when it's on pages from the categories. If I'm in the new products page, or the all products page, the filter shows up, but isn't filtering. The all products and new products pages are EZ Pages I created, so maybe that has something to do with it? Where the filter isn't thinking it's on the all products page? Any ideas? Thanks guys.

Plugin Contributions

I just happened to see in post 507 of this thread the following SQL:
    Code:
    SELECT @cid:=configuration_group_id
    FROM configuration_group
    WHERE configuration_group_title= 'Dynamic Filter';
    DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_group_id = @cid;
    DELETE FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_id = @cid;
    This can cause a problem if the mod has not been installed before, as configuration_group_title= 'Dynamic Filter' does not exist and thus configuration_group_id will be null (can be expressed as "0"). There is a configuration_group_id of 0 in the stock Zen Cart db, and this will be deleted by this code.

There is a recommended alteration to this kind of SQL for all mod authors to use, given in this sticky thread:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...tall-sql-files

Plugin Contributions

I don't think I'm versed enough to actually change the sql file. Can it be explained rather easily? Or should I look for a different solution to get the filter to work on the all products page? thanks everyone

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    I just happened to see in post 507 of this thread the following SQL:
    Code:
    SELECT @cid:=configuration_group_id
    FROM configuration_group
    WHERE configuration_group_title= 'Dynamic Filter';
    DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_group_id = @cid;
    DELETE FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_id = @cid;
    This can cause a problem if the mod has not been installed before, as configuration_group_title= 'Dynamic Filter' does not exist and thus configuration_group_id will be null (can be expressed as "0"). There is a configuration_group_id of 0 in the stock Zen Cart db, and this will be deleted by this code.

There is a recommended alteration to this kind of SQL for all mod authors to use, given in this sticky thread:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...tall-sql-files
    This is taken care of in the upcoming release

Plugin Contributions

Awesome. Thanks.

I'm assuming this is the only thread for this dynamic filter, so if I need to post this somewhere else, please let me know. But I had a question about the way this filter works. I know it uses attributes and I've gotten it to filter through the categories. On my site though, it will help to have options on some of the products as well. For example, being able to filter by shirt color, and once you're on the product info page, then having attributes to select the size before it's added to the cart. Is there a way to separate the 2 so only some attributes show up in dynamic filter, and some show up on the product info page?

Page 53 of 81 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast