Page 55 of 81 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Filter - filter does not work on product listing

I just want to say THANK YOU ALL for the reply. I will integrate and test the filter under 1.5.4.

Best Regards,

Admir M.
    Sucess is the Sum of Small Efforts

Plugin Contributions

I am looking for Beta testers of the latest version of this mod.
    If you are interested in seriously testing this mod please send me a PM.

There has been some major code shuffling. Moving Queries to the modules files and html stuff to to tpl files.
    • New in this release are some additional choices: Filter by price can be switched on and off in the admin
    • The number of products left behind the attributes can be switched on and of
    • There have been added some language defines to make the module multilingual

Plugin Contributions

I've been messaging Design75 about these issues, I just thought I'd post here so I didn't bother him as much, as well as maybe help others that may be facing the same issues. I'm still on zencart 1.5.1 and have the filter working on index pages within each category. But when on the products_all page, the filter doesn't work at all. Also on the all products page, is another filter added, for categories. It makes complete sense why this wouldn't show up on the other pages, because you're already inside a category and filtering them wouldn't do anything. I don't know if they should work the same, so I started comparing files within each folder.

Inside of the latest Dynamic Filter download is
    includes > modules > pages > header_php
    includes > modules > pages > jscript_dynamic_filter

But there are no files for the Index pages folder.
    Within the current site, there are
    includes > modules > pages > index > header_php
    includes > modules > pages > index > main_template_vars

So I guess my main question is, should the index folder have a jscript file in it and that's why it's not working? Or could that be included in the main template php file?

Name:  filter.JPG
Views: 199
Size:  20.6 KB
    This is the current "category" filter I'm trying to turn off. If it was actual category names, it might not be as bad. So there are a few options as far as fixes.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Freeburg View Post
    I've been messaging Design75 about these issues, I just thought I'd post here so I didn't bother him as much, as well as maybe help others that may be facing the same issues. I'm still on zencart 1.5.1 and have the filter working on index pages within each category. But when on the products_all page, the filter doesn't work at all. Also on the all products page, is another filter added, for categories. It makes complete sense why this wouldn't show up on the other pages, because you're already inside a category and filtering them wouldn't do anything. I don't know if they should work the same, so I started comparing files within each folder.

Inside of the latest Dynamic Filter download is
    includes > modules > pages > header_php
    includes > modules > pages > jscript_dynamic_filter

But there are no files for the Index pages folder.
    Within the current site, there are
    includes > modules > pages > index > header_php
    includes > modules > pages > index > main_template_vars

So I guess my main question is, should the index folder have a jscript file in it and that's why it's not working? Or could that be included in the main template php file?

Name:  filter.JPG
Views: 199
Size:  20.6 KB
    This is the current "category" filter I'm trying to turn off. If it was actual category names, it might not be as bad. So there are a few options as far as fixes.
    Craig,

You don't bother me it is part of the job.
    In the latest test version, all the jscript file were removed and replaced by on script in the templates folder. Please compare your installed version against the latest version. You know where to find it.

For all the other readers. We are very close on releasing the latest and greatest version of this module. There are as you can read above some small bugs to be removed, but that's all.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Erik,
    I just compared the script on my site, to the one in the folder from the Dynamic download, and they're identical. So, that makes me even more confused. ha

Plugin Contributions

Okay, forgot to merge two edits, please try again

Plugin Contributions

Update: This may not be an issue for most that installing something fresh, but I wanted to post my solution since I posted the problem. That way if someone is facing that issue, they can also see the solution.
    In my products_all folder was still a separate script to run the filter. In the new version they are working on now, the script is written all in one file. So I removed that script from the folder, leaving only the header php and it works fine now on all pages

Plugin Contributions

I'm trying to rename the categories for the category filter. After quite a bit of searching, I've found 2 files that look like they could contain the language to pull the category names from. Either tpl_categories.php or tpl_dynamic_filter.php My main question is does zen cart give each category a specific name? Or are they just defined in some sort of category1, category2 way? If someone could look at those 2 files, or let me know how to find out the exact names of my categories, I could possibly make the changes. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I am using the stirling grand template on zen cart v 1.5.3 and wondered if this plugin would be suitable for both? if so, could someone tell me where would I find the download link for it as I can only find the link for v1.3.9, v1.5.0, and v1.5.1

Thanks in advance :)

Dee.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by newbie_girl View Post
    Hi,

I am using the stirling grand template on zen cart v 1.5.3 and wondered if this plugin would be suitable for both? if so, could someone tell me where would I find the download link for it as I can only find the link for v1.3.9, v1.5.0, and v1.5.1

Thanks in advance :)

Dee.
    Dee,

There is no official download yet for ZC > 1.5.1, I am currently testing the one for 1.5.4. I have not looked worked on a version for 1.5.3, but I can take a look for you what is needed to make it work with 1.5.3.

Page 55 of 81 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast