Page 65 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Filter - Narrow Results By In Stock Products

Is it possible to sort the attribute options alphabetically?

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Justrimless View Post
    Is it possible to sort the attribute options alphabetically?

Thanks in advance.
    Yes, use the same query, and find
    PHP Code:
    ORDER BY po.products_options_namepov.products_options_values_sort_order"; 
    replce this with
    PHP Code:
    ORDER BY po.products_options_namepov.products_options_values_name"; 

Plugin Contributions

Hi Design75,
    I just wondered if it was possible to change the default attributes on the actual product page based on the selected attributes in the dynamic filter? So if for example they filter by colour "red" but the product comes in multiple colours, red could somehow be the default option on the product page attribute dropdown (to save the customer having to then pick it or worse ordering the wrong colour by accident!) The site is using zc 1.39 and latest dynamic filter plugin.
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bluefusionweb View Post
    Hi Design75,
    I just wondered if it was possible to change the default attributes on the actual product page based on the selected attributes in the dynamic filter? So if for example they filter by colour "red" but the product comes in multiple colours, red could somehow be the default option on the product page attribute dropdown (to save the customer having to then pick it or worse ordering the wrong colour by accident!) The site is using zc 1.39 and latest dynamic filter plugin.
    Thanks.
    No doubt it can be done, but it will take a lot of custom coding and time. A the moment I have to much (paid) projects going to make time for trying to make this.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Filter - Left Col Boxes Misaligned

Hello, I am using ZenCart 1.5.4 and installed the latest version of the Dynamic Filter Module Version 1.3. I have never used the module on this shopping cart so it is a clean install.

The Module works great but keep getting and error in my debugging log. When I click on the Manufacturer name or Price in "Narrow Your Results" I receive the following error: [03-Oct-2015 13:28:11 America/New_York] PHP Warning: trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home21/webserver/public_html/shopfolder/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 63].

I've looked through the functions_general.php and the files in the Dynamic Filters and cannot figure out what is wrong, especially since Dynamic Filters Version 1.3 eliminated the functions_general.php file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

It's cases like this where the myDEBUG Backtrace (https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1879) plugin will help. Once installed, it will cause additional information to be included in the log file, indicating who called who ... so you'll know which line of which module called functions_general's line 63, and you'll have the actual source of the issue.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for showing me this module.

After looking through the error log, I was able to figure out if I comment out the following from the tpl_header_currencies.php around line 19, the Dynamic Filter will work without any errors.

I do not know if it is supposed to be like that or not but it works for me right now.
    :
    HTML Code:
          $hidden_get_variables = '';
          reset($_GET);
          while (list($key, $value) = each($_GET)) {
            if ( ($key != 'currency') && ($key != zen_session_name()) && ($key != 'x') && ($key != 'y') ) {
      // Comment this out ->       $hidden_get_variables .= zen_draw_hidden_field($key, $value);
            }
          }

After going through the files I found I was able to comment

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by upshur57 View Post
    Thank you for showing me this module.

After looking through the error log, I was able to figure out if I comment out the following from the tpl_header_currencies.php around line 19, the Dynamic Filter will work without any errors.

I do not know if it is supposed to be like that or not but it works for me right now.
    :
    HTML Code:
          $hidden_get_variables = '';
          reset($_GET);
          while (list($key, $value) = each($_GET)) {
            if ( ($key != 'currency') && ($key != zen_session_name()) && ($key != 'x') && ($key != 'y') ) {
      // Comment this out ->       $hidden_get_variables .= zen_draw_hidden_field($key, $value);
            }
          }

After going through the files I found I was able to comment
    At the the moment I do not see what this has to do with the Dynamic filter module. The file "tpl_header_currencies.php" is not used by this mod. The line you mentioned should denfinitely not be commented. I is needed for the cart to function properly.

Plugin Contributions

This sounds like a great mod. I'm trying to figure out if it would be appropriate for my needs.
    I am working on a new site which will contain different categories of food products.
    I'd like to allow the user to be able to see all the gluten-free products, and even better, to see all gluten-free products in a particular category. So I'm wondering if it makes sense to just create a new category called "Gluten-Free". But it seems to make more sense to use the idea of a filter, and for the user to be able to click on the "Gluten-Free" filter whenever they see a list of products, so it would only show them the products in that category, or from those search results, etc., that are gluten-free.

I have never used attributes, and I don't have any products with attribute variations. This would be more of a boolean. Either a product is gluten-free or it is not. I might come up with other filters, like nut-free.
    So, does it make sense to use this mod to accomplish that? How would I do that? Would I create an attribute called "Gluten-Free", put it on all the products, and set it to "true" when a product is gluten-free? Does that make sense? Is that going to force the user to do anything special when they want to add a product to their shopping cart? i.e., will they have to choose a value for this attribute? Or will they see something additional show up because this attribute is there? I'd really like to just set this attribute to true or false for each product, and not have it show up in a confusing way when the user views the product, but I would like the user to be able to filter on all products that have this attribute set to true. Does that make any sense? Can attributes be used like that, and would this mod make that possible?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by earth-friendly View Post
    This sounds like a great mod. I'm trying to figure out if it would be appropriate for my needs.
    I am working on a new site which will contain different categories of food products.
    I'd like to allow the user to be able to see all the gluten-free products, and even better, to see all gluten-free products in a particular category. So I'm wondering if it makes sense to just create a new category called "Gluten-Free". But it seems to make more sense to use the idea of a filter, and for the user to be able to click on the "Gluten-Free" filter whenever they see a list of products, so it would only show them the products in that category, or from those search results, etc., that are gluten-free.

I have never used attributes, and I don't have any products with attribute variations. This would be more of a boolean. Either a product is gluten-free or it is not. I might come up with other filters, like nut-free.
    So, does it make sense to use this mod to accomplish that? How would I do that? Would I create an attribute called "Gluten-Free", put it on all the products, and set it to "true" when a product is gluten-free? Does that make sense? Is that going to force the user to do anything special when they want to add a product to their shopping cart? i.e., will they have to choose a value for this attribute? Or will they see something additional show up because this attribute is there? I'd really like to just set this attribute to true or false for each product, and not have it show up in a confusing way when the user views the product, but I would like the user to be able to filter on all products that have this attribute set to true. Does that make any sense? Can attributes be used like that, and would this mod make that possible?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.
    I think the easiest would be to set a read only attribute, because the entities are not real optional choices. First make attribute name like "allergies". Next add value like glutenfree and nut free.
    Add these to the designated products.
    In the front end the you will be presented a new choice in the filter box called allergies. Depending on the settings you can choose one or multiple attributes.
    If you do not want to show the read only attribute in the product description, you can hide them using css

Page 65 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast