Page 73 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Filter [Support Thread] - Newly added attributes returning zero results

Brilliant. Seems it will be just what I need. Do I need any specific settings in the mod to work with read only attributes? And are the attributes set in the completely standard manner within ZC?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Filter [Support Thread]

Which is the most up to date version?
    The one from the downloads section, or this one on github.
    https://github.com/Zen4All-nl/Zen-Ca...tribute_filter

Plugin Contributions

The one found on this site is fully tested, and supported. The one found on github is my development mod, as far as I remember it is working, but have not done anything with it, for a (to) long time.

You can use Read-only attribute without any special settings. Sometimes it is handy to hide them on the shop side product info pages, using css.
    Quote Originally Posted by strelitzia View Post
    Which is the most up to date version?
    The one from the downloads section, or this one on github.
    https://github.com/Zen4All-nl/Zen-Ca...tribute_filter

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    The one found on github is my development mod
    Does it have any features that don't exist in the version available via zc downloads?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Filter [Support Thread] - Newly added attributes returning zero results

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    Yes it can. I do this often.
    I've installed the mod from zc downloads but it is only showing filter options for price and manufacturer even though I have at least 4 read only attributes set up on each product in the category. The attributes are displaying correctly on the product page.

I also noticed that if I set it to display dropdown-multi the centre column is displaying BELOW the left column. If I switch to checkbox-multi it correctly displays the center column next to the left column.

Plugin Contributions

It seems that there are some issues surrounding Products With Attributes Stock module which is installed, but no variants are currently set on it.
    If i deliberately break the SQL query in includes/templates/MY_TEMPLATE/sideboxes/tpl_dynamic_filter.php so that the (defined('TABLE_PRODUCTS_WITH_ATTRIBUTES_STOCK') ? becomes (defined('TABLE_PRODUCTS_WITH_ATTRIBUTES_STOC') ? ie, unable to be found, I see all my read only attributes.
    Surely it doesn't rely on SBA being fully set up if installed before the dynamic filter can be used?
    Is this a bug in the dynamic filter mod, or something else that is having negative impact on the filter?

Thanks for any help on this.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Justrimless View Post
    I have had a minor breakthrough. I think.
    I noted that all my attributes up to option ID '35' filter fine, ones after that do not.

I have some missing options IDs where I have deleted old attributes, so in phpmyadmin I copied a row and gave it an id of '2', set up test products and attributes of that ID and it seems to search fine.

Whatever works eh?
    It looked like it might have worked but a new bunch of peculiarities have sprung forth, which I feared may have occurred when messing in the database. I'll restore from backup and give up.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Filter [Support Thread] - Maximum of 32 products_attributes records?

Quote Originally Posted by slf3 View Post
    Hi

Summary: In my implementation the plugin only returns products with 32 or less products_attributes records.

Is this just me or has anyone else come across it? I've searched similar postings on this thread but not found any, so my apologies if this has already been covered and solved before.

Symptoms: go to a category and then 'narrow your results', say by selecting a colour. The result that comes back includes all matching products EXCEPT for those with more than 32 products_attributes.

Solving the problem: I deleted a few of the product_attributes from one of the products affected, taking the number down to 27, and it worked. That product now appears in the 'refine your results' page.

How I investigated: I spent three days, on and off, checking everything I could think of including the code, walking through the generated SQL, our data, and removing then re-installing the code, and couldn't find anything. Then I realised that this only happened to products with a large number of product_attributes.

Could it be a configuration issue? I couldn't see a maximum products_attributes variable but there may be one.

Any ideas welcome?
    Hi,
    Are you on shared hosting.

Most of the issues I have had with this mod, where it works sporadically, have been resource based.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Filter [Support Thread] - Maximum of 32 products_attributes records?

Hi, just a single website on a Cloud server, plenty of memory etc. I can adjust resources as much as I want if that would help. Which ones should I look at?

Server OS: Linux 3.10.0-229.14.1.el7.centos.onapp.x86_64
    HTTP Server: Apache
    PHP Version: 5.6.30 (Zend: 2.6.0)
    PHP Memory Limit: 128M
    Database: MySQL 5.5.5-10.1.22-MariaDB
    Database Data Size: 95,400 kB
    Database Index Size: 24,807 kB

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone have a website where a single product has more than 32 product attributes? And if so, does that product get returned when you use the 'narrow your results' function?

Page 73 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast