Plugin Contributions

Default Blank Admin - Cannot access admin page

Hey there :) My site works, but I cannot access the new admin section. - White screen of annoyance.

I did read through all the other blank admin posts but none seemed to match.

BACKGROUND:
    Upgrade from 1.3.9h to 1.5.0
    Mysql 5.0
    php 5.2
    godaddy hosting

Webserver = Apache
    Path_Translated = /var/chroot/home/content/xx/html/zc_install/index.php(SCRIPT_FILENAME)
    Real Path = /home/content/xx/html
    PHP O/S = Linux
    PHP API Mode = cgi-fcgi
    PHP Max Execution Time per page = 30

ADD-ONS - (no, I did not disable prior to upgrade -oops)
    Zen Light Box 1.6.3-1.5
    Column Layout Grid 1.3.8
    Image Handler 3v3
    Cross Sell v1.3

ERRORS DURING UPGRADE:
    SKIPPED: Cannot drop index page_accessed on table admin_activity_log because it does not exist.
    SKIPPED: Cannot drop index access_date on table admin_activity_log because it does not exist.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_page_accessed_zen to table admin_activity_log because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_access_date_zen to table admin_activity_log because it already exists.

ALREADY CHECKED:
    verified both admin/includes and includes config files show correct paths to url and connection to database.

attempted to show errors by both; adding config file in includes dir setting strict error reporting to true. I still got no errors to show.

ERROR LOG FROM SERVER:
    [Sat Mar 03 19:23:49 2012] [error] [client 72.167.2.173] client denied by server configuration: /var/chroot/home/content/xx/html/includes/filenames.php

[Sat Mar 03 21:28:08 2012] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `foxcartel.com' does NOT match server name!?

[Sat Mar 03 23:19:47 2012] [error] [client 95.108.150.235] File does not exist: /var/chroot/home/content/xx/html/robots.txt

[Sun Mar 04 00:08:28 2012] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `foxcartel.com' does NOT match server name!?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything is fine with my ssl cert.

Any thoughts what I can check next?

THANKS for the help!!
    Last edited by stangirl; 4 Mar 2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: updated update FROM version

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank Admin - Cannot access admin page

Ok, so I restored my db to the og 1.3.9. Now I can access my admin from my original login location.

In the admin area, it does show me that I'm using 1.5.0 - this seems weird to me, any explanations?

Again, the front end looks fine except now I cannot get rid of the error messagae::

Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Tools->Server Information to review patch levels.

&&

USPS IS IN TESTING MODE

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I read another post stating that this error message means some of the necessary files are missing.

So at this point, I'm not sure which way to go. Should I upload the 1.5.0 files into my original admin directory?

I'll keep experiment until someone can give me some guidance.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Plugin Contributions

In the admin area, it does show me that I'm using 1.5.0 - this seems weird to me, any explanations?
    This is saying that the files are version 1.50.

Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Tools->Server Information to review patch levels.
    This is because you restored your version 1.39 database. You now have a mismatch between the database and the files.

Plugin Contributions

THanks so much for the reply!!

I figured that's why it says I need the patch, but on that page (Server-Info-Tools) It doesn't say how, or where to get the patch.

Anyway, I understand that's just a side effect of not having the NEW db in place.

Still don't know how to fix the root problem of blank admin in the 1.5.0.

My configure files are good - url's are correct, db names/passwords are correct. It's something in the includes within the new admin section that are causing me problems, but I can't identify the exact file.

I'll keep pluggin away though.

Hey I just went to re-install and noticed this message:

PHP Output Buffering (gzip) = OFF

Could this be my problem?
    Last edited by stangirl; 6 Mar 2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: New Question

Plugin Contributions

The "PHP Output Buffering (gzip) = OFF" should not cause your problems; it hasn't caused me any in the past few years!

Whenever you have a "white screen" or "partial screen" issue, you should check your store's /cache folder for debug-log files. The contents of those files will point you to the failing PHP file. https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82