Plugin Contributions

Default DB/SQL Error when using SQL Patch for Add Pages More Info Sidebox addon

Hi, I am getting this error when I try to add the SQL patch to the Add Pages to More Info Sidebox add on.

Have you already posted about this issue? If so, DO NOT POST a duplicate. Instead, reply to your existing post, with MORE information.
    No
    What version of Zen Cart are you using?
    139h
    Has your site been upgraded? When? From what version(s)?
    NO
    If you've upgraded, HOW did you upgrade? (official upgrade procedure or an automated script from your hosting company?)
    N/A

What addons have you installed? When?
    add_pages_to_more_information_sidebox_2
    add_customers_from_admin_1-07
    events_calendar_1-02
    backup_mysql_plugin_1-5
    easy_populate_csv_1-2-5-7b
    facebook_sidebox_1-0
    twist_of_nature_1-01 ----- template being used....
    Master Password

HOW did you install it? (upload via FTP and run zc_install, or a one-click install from your hosting company? (one-click installs are NOT recommended))
    FTP and run zc_install
    In what ways is your site customized or different from a brand new uncustomized install?
    jz_silver_wide template being used and some text changes.

If you're encountering display/layout problems, post your site URL* so it can be seen in action.
    N/A.
    If you're encountering problems that could be related to your server or hosting company, include the name of your hosting company (not their URL).
    IX Webhosting
    HAVE YOU LOOKED IN THE FAQ AREA for answers to your question? (ie: a search for your error message or what you want to edit/change, etc)
    Yes
    Have you searched the FORUM for your error message or for answers to the question you're asking?
    Yes
    WHEN did the problem "start"? How does that compare with other events of your hosting company, changes you've made to your site files/addons, or your admin settings, etc?
    Since Add on added too
    If this is your first store, have you tested all aspects of transactions before going live?
    No

This is the error I get.

1062 Duplicate entry 'DEFINE_PAGE_5_STATUS' for key 2
    in:
    [INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('Define Page 5', 'DEFINE_PAGE_5_STATUS', '1', 'Enable the Defined Page 5 Link/Text?
    0= Link ON, Define Text OFF
    1= Link ON, Define Text ON
    2= Link OFF, Define Text ON
    3= Link OFF, Define Text OFF', '25', '85', now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'0\', \'1\', \'2\', \'3\'),');]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Do I need to do something with my DB?
    Thanks,
    Mark

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: DB/SQL Error when using SQL Patch for Add Pages More Info Sidebox addon

"duplicate entry" indicates you've already got the entry in your database.
    Without studying ALL the sql statements that your addon requires and comparing that against your live database, I can't tell you whether there are still steps that need to be run or not. But the error message certainly reveals that the entry that the script is trying to insert is already there. There may be more that haven't been entered but need to be.
    You'll need to get down and dirty with checking every entry in your database against what that script is trying to do.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: DB/SQL Error when using SQL Patch for Add Pages More Info Sidebox addon

Hi Doc,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I will do some digging into the DB and see what I come up with.

Plugin Contributions

HI,
    In looking at the DB in the tables I do have this entry for page 5,6 & 7. Should I remove the entries from the table and retry the SQL patch?
    Thanks
    Mark

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Well I removed the entries from the table and re-ran the SQL patch and got no error. But the side box still only shows page 2, 3 and 4 only not page 5, 6, or 7.
    ???? Something I missed? This add on has always worked in the past.

Mark

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I suspect user error -- don't you need to turn on those links in Admin->Configuration->Define Pages?

Or maybe you've got modifications to the original sidebox php file that are conflicting with that addon? ie: the code doesn't have the logic in it to display the links you've added and enabled.

These are all questions suitable for posting in that addon's support thread.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I got it working. I checked and all pages were turned on (1) in Admin->config>Define page status.
    Went back and reinstalled each step again after SQL patch and now all the pages are showing.
    Thanks for the sounding board.

Mark
    Last edited by maperr55; 5 Mar 2012 at 09:35 PM.