Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

bug Quick Q concerning Paypal API vs Host

Good morning,

There's a bunch of us having an issue right now with not being able to connect to the api-3t.paypal.com - anyone who attempts to checkout gets a 'host not resolving' error. (and yes, I've updated to just use the straight 'api' - to no avail)

Are any 1.5 users having this issue, or is it just us 1.3.9er's?!?

Or, is it limited to just those of us using a certain host?

Any replies would be great - you don't need to name your hosts... just if you are up/down/limbo with the Paypal modules.

This has been going on now for over 24 hours, and I'm just getting tired of the host pointing to Paypal, and Paypal pointing to host.

Anyone?!? Bueler?!?

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quick Q concerning Paypal API vs Host

Have you logged a ticket with PayPal? www.paypal.com/mts What's the ticket number?

Rather than just asking if anyone else is having the same problem, it might be better to quote your ticket number so other merchants can ALSO report their problem and quote the same ticket. That stops finger-pointing in its tracks.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yeah...

Thank you for contacting PayPal today.

As a reminder, please ask your web host support which endpoint they are sending the API call to. If it is not one of those listed here, updating it to the appropriate endpoint (depending on methods used) should correct the issue.

API Endpoints
    https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?c..._api_endpoints
    Was the response. Made the change in the three modules/pay<etc> - nothing, changed to the 'sandbox' and still get the 'can not resolve to host' - to me that makes it server -> paypal, right? (if Paypal says there's nothing wrong...) Of course api-status.com says otherwise, but I don't see their API being down for a week - there'd be mass panic.

So, now I'm back to the host, which if others all about the world say they are fine and dandy - then I'll have 'ammo' when I call back. This host has been 100% operational for over 2 years with no issues, and their support has always been on the ball, till today.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Not sure why you would be changing ANY endpoints in the PHP files, because the core ZC code ALREADY correctly uses https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvp
    If you had to change them, then that tells me you're not using official Zen Cart code.

Have you tried using the CURLtester communications-testing tool? http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65680
    What exactly is it telling you?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Quick Q concerning Paypal API vs Host

Heya Doc,

Using 1.3.9h from this site... almost vanilla. We're waiting for 1.5.0d or e before making the switch.

The issue turns out to be on the host server side with their DNS resolver... I needed to know if any other hosts were experiencing any issues so I could take back empirical data to these people. For some reason they don't believe another tech...

Since last I wrote, the host has found a work around - and all of my sites are up... so, now this whole thread is moot. feel free to kill it. ;)

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps you could find out what the "workaround" was?

Quote Originally Posted by Fez-o Joe View Post
    We're waiting for 1.5.0d or e before making the switch.
    PS- I would doubt that 1.5 ever has that many releases. It has been in the wild for a couple of months and has already passed PA-DSS scrutiny. Don't wait too long.
    Last edited by Kim; 7 Mar 2012 at 02:15 AM.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Fez-o Joe View Post
    Are any 1.5 users having this issue, or is it just us 1.3.9er's?!?

Or, is it limited to just those of us using a certain host?
    I started having this same problem about 24 hours ago as well, and I am using 1.5. I've contacted PayPal and they told me they checked the endpoint and it responded with their tests. I was advised to check if my host could resolve any of their IP addresses.

When I checked with the host they also checked the api-status site, and I also doubt it's been down so long - I've had successful transaction in the time it's supposedly been down.

Also, my host is LP - I'd be interested to know if yours was the same, and more importantly, what the workaround was.

David

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Have you tried using the CURLtester communications-testing tool? http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65680
    What exactly is it telling you?
    Has this file moved in v1.5? I've tried it from the root folder and the /extras folder but get a 404. I can't seem to locate it in my file manager if it is there.

Plugin Contributions

check:
    your_domain.com/extras/
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I had tried the extras folder but for some reason it kept returning a 404....works today, strange.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast