Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Tools>Admin Settings Missing

I have a client that went to edit an users administrator settings and couldn't find the Admin Settings under the Tools menu.

I went & looked myself & sure enough, under the tools menu, there is no Admin Settings.

We recently upgraded from 1.3.8 to 1.5 and this was the first time for her looking for it since then.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tools>Admin Settings Missing

Is SSL installed? If so, is SSL properly configured in your_admin/includes/configure.php?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Right. There's no "Admin Settings" under the "Tools" menu anymore. It's got its own menu: Admin Access Management

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

We don't even see that on the toolbar.

See attached image for what our toolbar looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like you're missing things from your site then. Perhaps you missed stuff when uploading or upgrading?

You can see what it should look like in 1.5.0 at: http://www.zen-cart.net/admin/

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I also recently upgraded from 1.3.8a to 1.5 and have been on 1.5 now (live site) for approximately 2 weeks. I also do not have the "Admin Access Mgmt" area in my admin. Are there certain files I can check for and upload? I would hate to have to go through a full install again.

Thanks
    OI

Plugin Contributions

1) How did you do your upgrade?
    2) if you go admin --> click on "Version" (on the right hand side next to the log off link) what does it say

Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorsInteriors View Post
    I also recently upgraded from 1.3.8a to 1.5 and have been on 1.5 now (live site) for approximately 2 weeks. I also do not have the "Admin Access Mgmt" area in my admin. Are there certain files I can check for and upload? I would hate to have to go through a full install again.

Thanks
    OI
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

It shows I am using v.1.5.0. It's very strange as I seem to have the correct files but the "admin access management" does not show on menu bar.

OI

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Again, you were asked: HOW did you do the "upgrade"?
    Clearly things were missed. Knowing what you DID to get into this abnormal state is a HUGE piece of information needed if you want someone to help you.

Plugin Contributions

Hi All,

When I did the upgrade I did a brand new installation to a temp folder off my root. The DB was upgraded from 1.3.8a to 1.5 and all files. I then put in my customizations. The site works fine, but it's just the admin area that is not coming up with the "admin access" area on the menu bar.

Thanks
    OI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast