Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default product status on/off - Image Handler problem

I just noticed recently that the red/green buttons to click for disabling/enabling the status of products in the admin is no longer working for me.

I'm not sure when the problem began, but I did recently upgrade to v1.5, as well as recently switch webhosts... and install a couple new mods... so it could be from anything. I'm hoping someone can lead me in the right direction for what to look at as to why this is no longer working.

The enable/disable button DOES work for categories, just not individual products. I click it and it just reloads the page without changing. I have to click into edit the product and manually set to in stock or out of stock to get it to update.

Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: product status on/off

Please click Reply below and answer all the questions in the Posting Tips section on that page.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Have you already posted about this issue? If so, DO NOT POST a duplicate. Instead, reply to your existing post, with MORE information.
    No this is my only post about this issue.
    What version of Zen Cart are you using?
    v1.5
    Has your site been upgraded? When? From what version(s)?
    I upgraded recently, a little over a week ago, from 1.3.9h I believe.
    If you've upgraded, HOW did you upgrade? (official upgrade procedure or an automated script from your hosting company?)
    I upgraded myself using the official upgrade procedure.
    What addons have you installed? When?
    Let's see...
    12leaves template
    CSS/JS Loader
    Google Product Feed
    Numinix Product Fields
    Numinix Facebook, Google+, Pininterest, FB Opengraph
    Numinix Fast Easy Checkout
    Zen Lightbox
    Reward Point Full Suite
    Google Analytics
    Quickbooks Import
    Shipping Export
    Testimonials Manager
    Ceon Back in stock Notifications
    Ceon SEO
    Ceon URI Mapping Manager
    HOW did you install it? (upload via FTP and run zc_install, or a one-click install from your hosting company? (one-click installs are NOT recommended))
    Myself via FTP
    In what ways is your site customized or different from a brand new uncustomized install?
    See above.
    If you're encountering display/layout problems, post your site URL* so it can be seen in action.
    If you're encountering problems that could be related to your server or hosting company, include the name of your hosting company (not their URL).
    penguin web hosting
    HAVE YOU LOOKED IN THE FAQ AREA for answers to your question? (ie: a search for your error message or what you want to edit/change, etc)
    yes.
    Have you searched the FORUM for your error message or for answers to the question you're asking?
    yes
    WHEN did the problem "start"? How does that compare with other events of your hosting company, changes you've made to your site files/addons, or your admin settings, etc?
    Last I remember it working was awhile ago, before the upgrade (which also included upgrading of my scripts, and adding a few new ones), and probably also before switching hosting. I don't use that feature frequently so it's hard to say for sure. I just noticed it a couple days ago.
    If this is your first store, have you tested all aspects of transactions before going live?
    this is not my first store, i've been running my store with zen-cart since 2008.

hope this helps...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I suspect something you've added has broken the <form> elements on that page. Perhaps you're using an addon that's not compatible with the security fixes made in v1.5.0.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

would it have to be something in changed in categories.php or could it be something else to still cause this?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

and /admin/includes/modules/* - all files and subfolders

Plugin Contributions

ok thank you

Plugin Contributions

We just discovered the same problem in a zen-cart. It's been up for a month. Those buttons were working until today when out of the blue they just stopped working. Nothing was done to the cart as far as add-ons recently so I do not know why it would suddenly just stop working. Any idea?

Plugin Contributions

Never mind...found the problem. Looks like the image handler add-on may have screwed it up in the admin/includes/modules/category_product_listing.php

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cjmarley View Post
    Never mind...found the problem. Looks like the image handler add-on may have screwed it up in the admin/includes/modules/category_product_listing.php
    Can you please be more specific?

I have the exact same problem and have Zen 1.5.0 and IH4.

Also not sure when this problem started....

It's not a big deal but it;s a handy feature I use regularly.

glad I search and foound this post though.
    New install on upgraded DB
    Mods:
    ask a question
    backup mysql
    ceon manual credit card
    encrypted master password
    IH4
    snapshot
    time zone fix (one file merged by me for zen1.5.0
    zen light box
    Cheers all,

Gruntre69