Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Unable to log into Admin

I have just upgraded my 1.3.8a to 1.5. When I tried first attempt to access the "admin" I did get the admin login screen and entered the username and passwrod (same as did during upgrade process). The next screen said for me to change the password which I did. After changing the password it takes me back to the admin login page again. I entered the username and password that I just changed, but nothing happens. Yes I wrote the password down and am not having any typos. The screen flashes, and then I go right back to admin login screen again. It seems it is not taking me into the actual application admin area.....Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks
    OI

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to log into Admin

How exactly did you "upgrade"?

Did you clear your browser's cache and cookies? Have you tried another browser? another computer?

When you installed a clean copy of Zen Cart 1.5 for your staging area, were you able to log into it properly before you imported the data from your old site for testing?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr,

When I upgraded it found my previous install, and so I used the "upgrade" database option. This is the first I have tried to access the "admin" area, and had not tried before the upgrade.

Thanks
    OI

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte,

Not sure you recieved my reply, but I installed version 1.5 and did an "update". I still cannot access the admin area other than getting the login screen only. Upon entering the userid/pwd I never go to the actual admin screen, but loops back to login. I have several changes already applied to my store, but no access to admin. Do I have any other options. You help is greatly appreciated.....

Thanks much
    OI

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

So you didn't actually "test" this upgrade in a safe place other than directly on your live site?

Your problems could be a result of addon conflicts, incorrect settings in your database, mismatched cookie settings (you never did answer my question about that), and a number of other possibilities discussed all over the forum.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Unable to log into Admin

Hi Dr Byte,

Ok, I did a complete fresh install to my webserver in a "new" folder, so it would not affect my live site. No addons or anything other than a totally new install. I can access the storefront itself and navigate around. Before going into admin I closed all browsers, and flushed cookies along with temp internet files. When I tried accessing "admin", it did force me to change the password, and upon entering the new password looped me right back again to the admin login screen. Even after entering the ID and password (which I did write down), it does not go into admin, but again loops me back to the login screen. I'm at a total loss here, as this was a new install (no mods)....Please HELP!!!!!....

Thanks much
    OI

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Unable to log into Admin

Hi Dr Byte,

I really appreciate you patience here. I have tried those recommendations to no avail. My old site which runs on 1.3.8a has no issues. This is only after installing 1.5 to a sub folder off root on the web server so that I can test. I can access the catalog store, but no luck with admin. Would posting any code help (configure.php)? I have been working this issue now for 3 days.

Thanks again
    OI

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What happens on the storefront side? Can you put things in your shopping cart and have them stay? Can you login as a customer and stay logged in? Can you complete checkout?

Plugin Contributions

Yes on my 1.3.8a side I have no issues at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast