Plugin Contributions

Default Installation Errors "Unexpected character" "syntax error"

I have uploaded all the files to my server

I am trying to complete the installation buy navigating to zc_install/index.php .

I get a blank page.

I check the log files and discover the fallowing errors:

[05-Mar-2012 23:22:25] PHP Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/www/sendsafe.info/4glittereyes/store/includes/classes/class.base.php on line 53
    [05-Mar-2012 23:22:25] PHP Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/www/sendsafe.info/4glittereyes/store/includes/classes/class.base.php on line 53
    [05-Mar-2012 23:22:25] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/www/sendsafe.info/4glittereyes/store/includes/classes/class.base.php on line 53

Any idea whats going on here?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installation Errors "Unexpected character" "syntax error"

Looks like all the errors are caused by the same problem, and that problem is a syntax, (coding), error on line 53 of the class.base.php file. Have you tried uploading the file again?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TheHTMLMan View Post
    I have uploaded all the files to my server

I am trying to complete the installation buy navigating to zc_install/index.php .

I get a blank page.

I check the log files and discover the fallowing errors:

[05-Mar-2012 23:22:25] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/www/sendsafe.info/4glittereyes/store/includes/classes/class.base.php on line 53

Any idea whats going on here?

Thanks.
    This error usually means you've got a stray backslash where it isn't expected.

The error is almost certainly NOT in the file specified, namely "class.base.php" (apologies to RescoCCC) but rather, it is to be found in one of the 'editable' files (config files, language files, etc).

Sadly, it isn't always easy to identify exactly which file is causing the problem - Take a good look at any files you have edited, or any input data that you have provided during the install.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

thanks guys. i will tinker with it today.

i did not edit any files, i directly uploaded them.