Plugin Contributions

Default "Browse Button Missing" on File Upload

1. I'm trying to configure file upload attribute but the "browse" button is completely missing on the product page. Only the attribute name shows up. The result is that customers are unable to upload ANYTHING. I can't find any cure in the forum discussions. I have the ZC PDF manual and its only discussion shows what it should look like when working correctly.

2. I'm wondering is this first problem is related to this second problem: I can't find a workable solution to making entry into the text field required before checkout. I'm using ZC 1.3.9H. It will add to cart even if the text field is blank even after I've specified "Attribute Required for Text" field. I'm using Image Handler 2 and I've seen hints that this may be screwing the database and rendering the feature unusable. The problem is that I've seen 8 different claimed fixes and tried 3 but gave up because each seems to throw who knows what into a currently functional database.

I'm quietly wondering if these two problems have some of the same roots and are related. When these work I'd love to apply the module to make file upload required before checkout but I've got to get this core ZC function working properly. Even Youtube videos don't address this.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Browse Button Missing" on File Upload

I forgot to mention that the field showing the file name is missing as well. This is a major showstopper and renders the whole store unusable because of the critical nature of receiving customer files. e-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart manual doesn't address anything more than what I've done to make this feature work and work correctly.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Browse Button Missing" on File Upload

Well, well! Problem solved. I have not seen any docs that say that this option is not available to customers who are not logged in. You have to be logged in to the site to see the "choose file" button and be able to upload files unless purchase is available to customers who have not set up an account and don't need to log in.