Plugin Contributions

Default Ongoing PayPal Issue - Need More Advice

I thought I had resolved my issues with buyers having problems with checking out on my website. Someone suggested it was a server timing out, and I have had server issues recently so my web host moved my site to a more stable server. It worked beautifully for several tests this morning, and now it is messing up again. One try when I got to PayPal it had the PayPal page with a "Bad Request" error. The next time it took me to the PayPal page, but without bringing all the information over.

So I took the advice and switched over to PayPal Express Checkout. I did a test and I got all the way through PayPal login and to the PayPal page where they have the "Pay Now" button to complete the purchase, and the "Pay Now" button is grayed out so you cannot click on it and at the bottom left it says "Error on Page"

Any suggestions? I had this problem before and contacted PayPal and they said it was a browser issue, which it is not because I have problems on any browser and on several computers. This is killing me as I am basically out of business because the buyers cannot pay. Please Help me if you can.

Thanks.

Regards,

Garry

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ongoing PayPal Issue - Need More Advice

Just tried again and now it goes straight to a 400 Bad Request page and this message:
    Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
    Size of a request header field exceeds server limit. and a string of letters and numbers after this: Cookie: login_email=

Anybody have any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When you get that "400" error, is the address of that page YOURs or PayPal's?

If it's PayPal's, then report it to them.
    If it's yours, then report it to your hosting company.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I had one of my buyers test it and this is what he reports: "I did the test for you but unfortunately it doesn’t work properly. When I click to confirm your order at the bottom I see “waiting for www.paypal.com” but nothing happend. It the same when I try to click on the paypal link direct on the page.

I also got this email Alert, I guess from my website:

Sunject: ALERT: PayPal Express Checkout Error (10419)

10419 Express Checkout PayerID is missing. - Express Checkout PayerID is missing.

Any suggestions on how to fix this??

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte,

The 400 error was a PayPal url. I have contacted them, but all they usually do is run one test and if it works they say it's all ok. My problem is sporadic, about 1/2 of my buyers can't finish their order, 1/2 can. Very frustrating.

Plugin Contributions

Default Ongoing PayPal Issue - Need More Advice

I have had ongoing issues with some customers not able to complete checkout on my website. I had PayPal Payments Standard, then I switched to PayPal Express Checkout. That didn't seem to make a difference so I contacted my web host and got a dedicated IPN and a private SSL. That seemed to solve the problem until recently the same problem is occurring. I am wondering if going to Website Payments Pro might make a difference or if I should just abandon my current web host (JustHost) and Zencart and rebuild my website with a more reliable hosting company and server. Any suggestions? If the suggestion is to rebulid the site on another host and shopping cart, can anyone recommend a host and shopping cart that is known as being trouble free? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me. These ongoing problems are really making me crazy.

Plugin Contributions

It would help to know exactly what the customers who are having trouble are encountering when they try to check out, at the Paypal end and at your site.

Plugin Contributions

The problems range from a PayPal "Bad Request" page, to getting a blank page instead of it going to PayPal, to various error pages. It is an intermittent problem, which comes and goes randomly.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by goldnuggetsales.com View Post
    The problems range from a PayPal "Bad Request" page, to getting a blank page instead of it going to PayPal, to various error pages.
    1. "various error pages" ??? Care to share the specifics of those error messages? That's kinda important info.

2. Plus, if you have PayPal debug-logging enabled in your ZC paypal payment module settings, you can use the TOKEN found in the SetExpressCheckout call to report the issue to PayPal's tech support so they can investigate what's happening on their end when the customer is sent their direction with that token. www.paypal.com/mts

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.