Plugin Contributions

Default Installed Amazon & Google checkout, now coupons, GV don't work

They were working fine, before... but then I installed Amazon Checkout and Google Checkout and now when I go to look at coupons or send gift certificates, it returns a 404 error. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installed Amazon & Google checkout, now coupons, GV don't work

Coming back in to explain what fixed the problem, in case future people search and find this thread, having the same problem. I was running my shop (which was the primary account on the domain, because it had to be in order to have an SSL Certificate) out of a subfolder instead of directly in public_html as is the customary way. The reason is that I had 23 other domains on that account and they all lived in subfolders of public_html and would a) have made navigating the shop's folders really messy and b) have made all of those other sites show up as subdirectories of my shop! Ick. So I used .htaccess and mod_rewrite to run the primary domain from a subfolder. This is what caused my shop admin folder to suddenly sprout extra directories in the url, and it is what broke my gift certificates and coupons. I finally moved the site to public_html and got rid of the mod_rewrite stuff in the .htaccess folder to see if it would work, and it did.

I still think that's a way messy, complicated way to run a multi-domain account, though, so I ended up opening another (third!) hosting account with the same company and moving all 23 of the other domains to the new account (they won't move an SSL Certificate, or I'd have just moved my shop domain--alas).

So long story short, the problem was all because of mod_rewrite and .htaccess.