Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Customers need to upload an image file

I need to allow customers ordering certain products to upload an image file. This image file will be used to fulfill the order.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customers need to upload an image file

Bump.
    I was just searching for the same exact thing.
    Is this a feature built in to Zen-cart? Or should i try to build my own page and php functionality to handle this?

I have a sign store and customers might need to upload a file for their logo or design. I would hate to have to tell them to send the file separately through email or something.

Plugin Contributions

I finally found some threads on this (I wasnt searching for the right wording before) and see that you can acheive this through the Product Attributes, but setting up option names/values and attributes is a little confusing.

Can anyone point me to a thread or article that explains pretty good how to use the attributes/options sections?

Plugin Contributions

Although I'm not yet sure the problem can be resolved correctly through a ZC feature, odds are you will face some problems.

By default, each Hoster has Server-wide settings for max. file size of uploads when using PHP. This max. file size is usually 2 MB and can be very restricting in some cases. If a ZC feature does provide what you want and find you are restricted to a 2 MB file size, the following code may help.

in > public_html/.htaccess
    put > php_flag upload_max_filesize 10M [or whatever file size you desire]

The thing about allowing uploads is to always make sure you can specify what type of files, max. file size, and where they can be uploaded to. Otherwise, you could get people uploading files sizes that are HUGE -- needlessly using up valuable Web space within your Hosting account -- or even worse, somebody uploading their hacker script(s).

In similar situation with another Shopping cart, this person is running a Printing business, the best solution was to use a 3rd party script coded in Perl. By using Perl instead of PHP, upload limitions were overcome and strict security was imposed on any uploaded files.

Plugin Contributions

The problem with using a 3rd party perl script is i cant have the functionality i need built seemlessly into the pages, like having the ablity to upload a file per item they add to the cart as they are adding them to the cart.

Plugin Contributions

Ahhh, yes, that age old problem of security vs convenience.

I was just reading a post about a Download module available in the Module dowloads, perhaps they have an Upload one? Can you provide a URL to the thread you referenced or what Keyword you used? Would like to check into this further myself as I can see where this is information I will need to know as well.

Plugin Contributions

One thing that really helps in learning how to use Zen Cart for all of these features is to create a test directory /test_shop and a test database and install a clean Zen Cart (v1.3.6 is the current version as of last night) ...

Install with the demo data ... as they are built to show you how to use all of the features such as Products that require radiobuttons, dropdowns, checkboxes, text or downloads and uploads etc.

The examples help break down the peices needed to make these features work ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

You offer good advice Linda but in these days of 'hurry up and get it done", it is more common to looking on usage for a specific feature. Which brings to mind the Downloads section for ZenCart. As there is no search feature, one must browse every section, until the desired module is found, or continue searching for perhaps a slightly better one.

Also, using the Search function of the Forum or Tutorial section and using "upload feature", brings back many irrelevant threads and tutorials. I'm sure one could trial & error different keywords but perhaps you can answer the question as to what Module or built-in feature should be used for allowing Customers to upload files, and any relevant URLs?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Options Name Manager ...
    Option Name: Logo
    Option Type: File

Option Value Manager ...
    NOTE: You do not add anything for the Option Value

Attributes Controller ...
    Locate Product for Upload
    Option Name: Logo
    Option Value: TEXT [RESERVED FOR TEXT/FILES ONLY ATTRIBUTES]

Files will be uploaded to:
    /images/uploads

They will be labled by number.ext and match what is in the Orders information of the Admin ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for making that easy

I might still do that install for a test zencart as well..

Also im not sure the exact threads i saw but it basically just said that type of functionality is handled in the attributes admin section. That was it.. no other info.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast