Plugin Contributions

Default site down following error 1146 Table 'project_version' doesn't exist

Hi a customer of mines site has totally and suddenly just stopped working, when you go to the home page it says the following

1146 Table 'wwwglitz_glit.project_version' doesn't exist
    in:
    [SELECT project_version_major, project_version_minor FROM project_version WHERE project_version_key = 'Zen-Cart Database']

the customer has told me they have not made any changes to the site, its just done this by its self.

can anyone let me know why its done this?? and if there is a fix???

Please get back to me thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: site down following error [SELECT project_version_major, project_version_minor FR

The DB_XXXXXXX settings in your configure.php files are obviously not pointing to a database which contains Zen Cart tables.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: site down following error [SELECT project_version_major, project_version_minor FR

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The DB_XXXXXXX settings in your configure.php files are obviously not pointing to a database which contains Zen Cart tables.
    this is not the case, the config files point to the correct database, has all the correct info in them, the site was working fine it just suddenly stopped and shown this error. it also shows the following when you go the the admin page.

1146 Table 'wwwglitz_glit.project_version' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select * from project_version WHERE project_version_key = 'Zen-Cart Database' ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

can anyone please help???

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: site down following error 1146 Table 'project_version' doesn't exist

Do you actually have a table by that name in your database?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: site down following error 1146 Table 'project_version' doesn't exist

Quote Originally Posted by RescoCCC View Post
    Do you actually have a table by that name in your database?
    yes, like i said the sites been working fine for over a year.... nothing has been changed in the database it just shown that error the other day.

Plugin Contributions

What is wwwglitz_glit?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by paddy_uk2007 View Post
    the site was working fine it just suddenly stopped and shown this error.
    Well, if our advice isn't enough, then I suggest you talk to the people who have access to your site, to figure out what *they* have to say.
    That would include: *you*, your staff, your hosting company, and any outside contractors you've given your login information to.

I can tell you that the REASON that Zen Cart shows that message is exactly as I described earlier. So, since this problem just "suddenly" happened, you'll need to now consult with the people who have control over the "suddenly" part.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.