Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Error on use - PayPal Express Checkout

I'm aware that this issue has been posted dozens of times, and answered tenfold, unfortunately I've been unable to find a solution.

For starters, I'll mention upfront that I'm currently using GoDaddy as my web host (also aware of the bitterness toward their server management).

• Current Zen Cart version: 1.5
    • I've made only slight changes to Zen Cart (basic configuration and a custom template).
    • I recently had GoDaddy migrate my FTP database from a Windows-based host to Linux-based

My dilemma is, that each time I attempt to use PayPal Express Checkout within my Zen Cart application, I receive the following error:

An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () - (56) Received HTTP code 403 from proxy after CONNECT

Now before anyone suggests it, I've already navigated to Admin > My Store and searched for cURL settings, which are not there.

The interesting part is, I've contacted GoDaddy themselves and after several conversations, I've been informed that if there were any known issues with cURL, that they would not even make Zen Cart an available application. They also pointed out that they do not remove configuration options (such as cURL), therefore they believe it's an issue with Zen Cart.

If anyone has any information on this... evidently rare, issue - I'd be immensely appreciative. I apologize for the redundancy of this thread, but as I said, several searches turned up dozens of results with the same solution: disabling cURL - which I'm unable to do.

Default Re: Error on use - PayPal Express Checkout

I apologize for using a second post for this next tidbit (don't want to appear to be bumping posts - not that I'm able to edit my initial post either, apparently).

I ran the curltester.php file, and figured I'd post my results here in case they're relevant. If they're not, I'll just remove this secondary post. =)

COMMUNICATIONS TEST OKAY.
    You may see error information below, but that information simply confirms that the server actually responded, which means communications is open.
    Array
    (
    [url] => "https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvp"
    [content_type] => text/plain; charset=utf-8
    [http_code] => 200
    [header_size] => 153
    [request_size] => 204
    [filetime] => -1
    [ssl_verify_result] => 0
    [redirect_count] => 0
    [total_time] => 0.562169
    [namelookup_time] => 0.018357
    [connect_time] => 0.144419
    [pretransfer_time] => 0.410486
    [size_upload] => 0
    [size_download] => 146
    [speed_download] => 259
    [speed_upload] => 0
    [download_content_length] => 146
    [upload_content_length] => 0
    [starttransfer_time] => 0.562105
    [redirect_time] => 0
    )

ACK=Failure&L_ERRORCODE0=81002&L_SHORTMESSAGE0=Unspecified%20Method&L_LONGMESSAG E0=Method%20Specified%20is%20not%20Supported&L_SEVERITYCODE0=Error
    EOF

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Orbit Storm View Post
    For starters, I'll mention upfront that I'm currently using GoDaddy as my web host (also aware of the bitterness toward their server management).
    Any bitterness is well deserved, else you probably wouldn't be having this issue.

• I recently had GoDaddy migrate my FTP database from a Windows-based host to Linux-based
    Sorry if I appear pedantic, but there is no such thing as an FTP Database.

My dilemma is, that each time I attempt to use PayPal Express Checkout within my Zen Cart application, I receive the following error:

An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () - (56) Received HTTP code 403 from proxy after CONNECT
    I beleive the key to your problem is the bit that reads "from proxy"

Now before anyone suggests it, I've already navigated to Admin > My Store and searched for cURL settings, which are not there.
    Hmmm, a faulty install, or was the proxy option removed from V1.5? I'm not sure.

I apologize for the redundancy of this thread, but as I said, several searches turned up dozens of results with the same solution: disabling cURL - which I'm unable to do.
    Disabling cURL and disabling the cURL proxy are NOT the same thing.

Your second posting indicates that cURL is working just fine.
    The error message indicates that within zencart you have the cURL proxy enabled, which is apparently causing the problem.

The question then is, why doesn't your installation have an option to disable the cURL proxy?
    It would be foolish for the zencart team to permanenty enable this (and they aren't fools), so I can only assume something is amiss with your installation????

Cheers
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Any bitterness is well deserved, else you probably wouldn't be having this issue.
    So I've heard - GoDaddy seemed like the popular choice, until I stopped by these forums.

Sorry if I appear pedantic, but there is no such thing as an FTP Database.
    I'm "new" to web server administration, so the technical term for whatever my content resides in, that was migrated from one OS to another, isn't something I know off-hand.

I beleive the key to your problem is the bit that reads "from proxy"
    I gathered that much, but don't have the solution; hence my opening this thread.

Hmmm, a faulty install, or was the proxy option removed from V1.5? I'm not sure.
    Couldn't tell you. GoDaddy installs third-party applications, not the user.

Disabling cURL and disabling the cURL proxy are NOT the same thing.
    Was not aware of that; 'course, I wasn't fully aware of cURL's existence until this error. There's a few things I've yet to learn I suppose.

Your second posting indicates that cURL is working just fine.
    The error message indicates that within zencart you have the cURL proxy enabled, which is apparently causing the problem.

The question then is, why doesn't your installation have an option to disable the cURL proxy?
    It would be foolish for the zencart team to permanenty enable this (and they aren't fools), so I can only assume something is amiss with your installation????

Cheers
    Rod
    As I said above, GoDaddy handles the installation process, so for all I know, they very well could have removed something to prevent me from configuring cURL settings in Zen Cart. I've checked for updates to be certain I have the latest version, and I do, but clearly that didn't do much for me.

Is there any sort of script workaround for this error? I've seen it mentioned in a few other threads here, but nothing of substance was ever mentioned.

Plugin Contributions

I'm "new" to web server administration, so the technical term for whatever my content resides in, that was migrated from one OS to another, isn't something I know off-hand.
    No biggy, I think most of us understood what you meant, but that doesn't mean we should let you continue to think that the terminology used was correct and that everyone would understand. :)

Is there any sort of script workaround for this error? I've seen it mentioned in a few other threads here, but nothing of substance was ever mentioned.
    If there is such a script it isn't one that I'm aware of, nor would it be something I'd recommend even if there was, because all it would do is dig people into ever bigger holes.

Anyway, in between these responses I've checked the zencart V1.5 installation scripts and the cURL proxy settings most certainly do still exist (As I suspected).

So, if you don't mind, I'll ask you to take yet another look at your zencart configuration/MyStore settings.. The last entries on this page should be, in the following order...

Server Uptime
    Missing Page Check
    cURL Proxy Status
    cURL Proxy Address
    Currency Conversion Ratio
    HTML Editor HTMLAREA
    Enable phpBB linkage?

What are the last few options with your installation?

Cheers
    Rod

Currently, I have each option you listed, with the exception of both cURL options.

Would you happen to know if the settings are in a single file (one that I could obtain from a fresh download from Zen Cart itself, and simply overwrite my current file)?

Plugin Contributions

Currently, I have each option you listed, with the exception of both cURL options.

Would you happen to know if the settings are in a single file (one that I could obtain from a fresh download from Zen Cart itself, and simply overwrite my current file)?
    With regret I think it is time for me to step away from this problem. I simply don't have the practical experience with what GoDaddy are doing or why they have done this, and that is assuming it IS something that GoDaddy have done (nothing surprises me in the way they fsck things up).

All I can really state is that with a standard zencart installation these settings will exist, and no there isn't a 'file' that can be edited or updated to make these options re-appear. These options are inserted into the database by the .sql scripts at the same time as all the other settings.

It IS possible to create and run your own SQL script to install just these functions (perhaps this was the script you was referring to earlier?) but again it is outside my area of expertise/experience and I feel that if I try to help much more I will probably end up leading you further away from a solution and possibly even cause you more problems than you already have.

I know when I'm out of my depth :)

Cheers
    Rod

I can respect that.

I'm just hoping that someone else may have a suggestion or two, as it seems GoDaddy is completely clueless regarding Zen Cart.

Just an update -

I contacted GoDaddy again, and after it occurred to the rep and I, that when I initially installed Zen Cart, it was installed on my Windows-based server (which doesn't permit cURL).

However, I tried a fresh installation on my now Linux-based server, and the options are still missing. I've had several reps stress vehemently that GoDaddy does not remove anything from the Zen Cart installation files, and since I was informed above there isn't any script that can be "replaced", I doubt there's any route that GoDaddy could take to remove the options.

That being said, it has to be on Zen Cart's end. Ideas?

Can't believe I overlooked it before, but in a sticky'ed thread at the top of this board, is following:

NOTE: These settings were removed from Zen Cart v1.5.0 because they should never be enabled.

So, the Zen Cart development team did indeed remove these settings (which is quite silly, considering cURL proxy appears to be enabled be default).

GoDaddy had me try using PayPal Express Checkout with cURL disabled (which I knew wouldn't work), but regardless. The issue is clearly on Zen Cart's end, and it's becoming evident by lack of response that this is either an uncommon or unknown issue. That being said, it looks like I'll be scrapping Zen Cart in favor of less obtuse software.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast