I'm aware that this issue has been posted dozens of times, and answered tenfold, unfortunately I've been unable to find a solution.

For starters, I'll mention upfront that I'm currently using GoDaddy as my web host (also aware of the bitterness toward their server management).

• Current Zen Cart version: 1.5
  • I've made only slight changes to Zen Cart (basic configuration and a custom template).
  • I recently had GoDaddy migrate my FTP database from a Windows-based host to Linux-based

My dilemma is, that each time I attempt to use PayPal Express Checkout within my Zen Cart application, I receive the following error:

An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () - (56) Received HTTP code 403 from proxy after CONNECT

Now before anyone suggests it, I've already navigated to Admin > My Store and searched for cURL settings, which are not there.

The interesting part is, I've contacted GoDaddy themselves and after several conversations, I've been informed that if there were any known issues with cURL, that they would not even make Zen Cart an available application. They also pointed out that they do not remove configuration options (such as cURL), therefore they believe it's an issue with Zen Cart.

If anyone has any information on this... evidently rare, issue - I'd be immensely appreciative. I apologize for the redundancy of this thread, but as I said, several searches turned up dozens of results with the same solution: disabling cURL - which I'm unable to do.