Plugin Contributions

Default question about banners

I have ZC 1.3.9h installed currently.

We bought a template from template-monster

On the main homepage there is a set of 4 banners. But they rotate between the pictures way too fast.

I cant seem to find where in banner manager I control the speed of which the pictures change out. Can someone help me?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: question about banners

There's no speed setting I'm aware of that controls the built-in banners, but I don't think that's what you're asking about.

It sounds like you have some kind of image slider that was included in your purchased template. In that case, you'll need to ask Template Monster how to fix it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: question about banners

I use the free Alien Stemware template for one of my sites which rotates banners through it. The speed is set in it's js file:

slidespeed: 700, //Speed of slide animation, 1000 = 1second.

I use the free All Business template on main site, but disabled the slider. Forgot where this one changes speed and can't easily find it. (Perhaps on it's support thread.)

My point is that there should be a file that regulates speed (highly unlikely to be in your admin). Just make sure you work with a copy of the file when you find it, to preserve the original.

Otherwise, you'll have to contact TM.

NOTE: does TM have anything saying that their "warranty", if any, is invalid if you mess with the files? Maybe you should go to them first, as noted above.

Also, my experience is that banners go too slow. Like customers will kick back with popcorn and a coke and watch a movie. But too fast can look bad. Can you give a link so we can see speed. And I don't know if there is any data on whether customers bother watching a full slide-show anyway. So I don't know how useful sliders really are...maybe why I disabled it on All Business.

sph
    www.prommart.com
    www.fashion-mart.biz
    Last edited by SPH; 15 Mar 2012 at 06:44 PM.