Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Standard accepting credit cards

Hi.

I'm so confused....

Was speaking with Paypal and even got me more confused.

How do I setup Zencart so I can accept credit cards with Paypal, without customers having to have a Paypal account? I already have the option for Paypal, but that forces them to either put in their paypal info or sign up for Paypal.

How do I set it up so that there is another option for credit cards, and customers use that link to pay using their credit card instead of the paypal account?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Standard accepting credit cards

If I understand the question, you can't set up Paypal so that the customer stays on your site, unless you use Paypal Payments Pro (monthly charge).

You don't want to use Paypal Standard (IPN) under any circumstances.

Install Paypal Express, and your customers will be whisked to Paypal's site to make their payment, but they don't need a Paypal account or need to create one to do so.

Plugin Contributions

I believe that is what I meant.... Maybe I can explain a little differently.

I have Paypal right now. Paypal, regular. When an item is purchased, it takes them to the Paypal site, correct? (I never bought from my own site - lol).

Basically, I would like to use Website Payments Standard so I am able to accept credit cards using Paypal. How would that appear to the customer, would there be an option to choose "Credit Card" and have them use "Website Payments Standard from Paypal?"

Thanks for responding.

Plugin Contributions

Again, you don't want to use Paypal Standard (IPN). The customer experience is exactly the same if you use Paypal Express, and it is much more reliable.

Remove IPN, install Express, and your customers will see the Paypal Express option when they check out. They will be able to pay with a credit card, and will not need to have or create a Paypal account.

Best thing to do is install Express then buy something yourself to see what your customers see.

Plugin Contributions

oooh!!! I see....

Paypal Express allows you to use credit cards, using my standard Paypal account to get paid. Sweet. Ok, hopefully I can set it up without difficulties. I may come back to this post if I have questions.

Thank you kind sir.

Plugin Contributions

What many here do, including me, is set up two Paypal accounts - one Personal and one Business. Use the Business account to accept payment and the Personal account to use for testing. You'll need a separate business checking account, but you should have that anyway.

Plugin Contributions

Ok. The last question I have is in my checkout page, the new Paypal thing is setup. Is there a way to change the text that says "Checkout with PayPal. The safer, easier way to pay." to something else?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BryanKollar View Post
    Ok. The last question I have is in my checkout page, the new Paypal thing is setup. Is there a way to change the text that says "Checkout with PayPal. The safer, easier way to pay." to something else?
    Those words are what PayPal wants it to say. What exactly do you want to change it to, and why?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Cause alot of people think with Paypal you have to have an account to use it. I want it to mention that Paypal can be used with or without an account, like using credit cards.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The text is in your paypalwpp.php language file. Be careful not to change the meaning of what PayPal wants displayed there.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast