Plugin Contributions

red flag Pages not fully loading in FF & IE, but they are in Chrome and Safari

Hi All,

We're running Zen Cart 1.3.8a, and haven't changed things much since 2008.

The site is: http://www.theater-masks.com

We recently noticed that pages are not fully rendering for Internet Explorer and Firefox -- but they are working just fine for Safari and Chrome. The page will load most of the way -- usually loading the content of the main center column, but not the footer. It'll then timeout after a few minutes (Firefox tries longer than IE -- IE gives up after about 30 seconds and says the page cannot be loaded).

There's something kooky going on with the user agent -- if I change the user agent in Chrome (to emulate Internet Explorer), it'll have the issue. If I change the user agent in Explorer (to emulate Chrome), it'll resolve the issue. So it's not technically the browser, it's the reported agent.

In Configuration->Sessions, I have "Check User Agent" set to False, but that hasn't helped. I've changed the settings for all the options on that page, but nothing there has helped.

Clearing cache, cookies, etc. hasn't helped either.

Am I missing something totally obvious?

Thanks!

- Andrew

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Pages not fully loading in FF & IE, but they are in Chrome and Safari

It loads eventually for me in FF10 and IE8, with a SQL error where the footer would be. Check post #3 here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174221

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Pages not fully loading in FF & IE, but they are in Chrome and Safari

Hi stevesh,

Thanks for replying. I get the same SQL error -- seems like the database finally hits a timeout limit and then kicks out the error.

I'm hoping to find a quick fix for this that doesn't require updating from 1.3.8a (which is what that post recommended)... we have a lot of customizations in place and I don't have a lot of time to work on the upgrade right now. (Can of worms!)

It seems almost like this is a security setting in ZenCart, where it thinks the FF and IE user agents are spiders... except I've disabled the spiders checking and they're not listed in spiders.txt...

I've also checked the .htaccess files for any code that looks specifically at user agents, but turned up nothing.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again,
    Andrew