Plugin Contributions

Default [Not a bug] Problem with admin sessions in suPHP environment

Hi,

Although there are a number of previous posts on suPHP issues, I could not find a previous post on this particular issue. Perhaps someone can help me.

My webhost has recently upgraded their PHP to suPHP. I run three ZenCart sites with the host. One site, which does NOT use shared SSL for the admin logon page, works fine. The other two sites, which both use shared SSL for the admin logon pages, have the same problem, as follows:

I can log into the admin site and get the admin home page up, but when I navigate to any link on the admin home page, ZenCart kicks me out and goes back to the login page again. I spoke to the webhost about this and they said that their suPHP is working OK, but that ZenCart is not saving the admin session properly.

I tried a dummy purchase in the live shop and when the session ID was applied I got an error message saying “Whoops! Your session has expired”. Everything was OK before the suPHP upgrade.

My web host thinks this is a ZenCart problem and has suggested that I ask you guys for help.

I am using 1.3.9h with no added PHP files. The webhost has made sure all folders are 750 and all files are 644, so that is not the issue as far as I can tell. I use my webhost’s free shared SSL, not dedicated SSL.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with admin sessions in suPHP environment

This problem no longer exists.

Despite the webhost saying that it was a ZenCart problem the sites are now working. I have not changed anything so it looks like it was the webhost after all.

Weird.

Obviouly not a bug so please disregard the first post. Moderators, you may remove the post if you wish.