Thread: Contact us form

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Contact us form

Hi,

I am having a problem with the contact us forms on the zen cart website and I am trying to find where I could find them so I can check them out.
    I am taking over from another person so I am new at this and still figuring where things are and how many changes were made.

At the moment even if the website shows fields as: Name, Email ,Address, Company, Tel, Message etc. The only information that get's through to the contact us email is: name and message which is not really enough. So something must go wrong with the code. Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Contact us form

The only information that get's through to the contact us email is: name and message
    That is the default - So looks as though someone attempted to add additional information unsuccessfully
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

So on a website made for zencart you can't customise it to have different fields when people are trying to contact the company ?

My client told me it worked before, they were receiving the full message with the email, name and message. At this moment they only receive name and message and they would like to be able to see the email of the person so they can actually reply when someone contacts them from the website.

Please could you advice me on where to look so I can add this fields successfully so they are send with the default information.
    Thank you

Plugin Contributions

You don't need to add anything. A stock Zencart Contact Us page sends the name, email address and message. Did your predecessor use the override system ? If so, I would switch to the Classic template temporarily and see if the problem continues. If not, replace any 'contact us'-related files in your custom template folders with fresh copies from the Classic folders.

Plugin Contributions

stevesh
    OP stated that the info collected is
    Name, Email ,Address, Company, Tel, Message etc.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    stevesh
    OP stated that the info collected is
    Name, Email ,Address, Company, Tel, Message etc.
    Right, but the OP also said that the only thing in the resulting email is name and message, so whoever modified the page did it incorrectly and replacing the files involved should at least return things to the Zencart default.

Plugin Contributions

stevesh

They are getting the default info
    Quote Originally Posted by mistfirefly
    The only information that get's through to the contact us email is: name and message which is not really enough
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mistfirefly View Post
    So on a website made for zencart you can't customise it to have different fields when people are trying to contact the company ?

At this moment they only receive name and message and they would like to be able to see the email of the person so they can actually reply when someone contacts them from the website.
    Thank you
    This is where I was confused, I guess, since a default Zencart installation does send the email address entered by the customer.

Amersham, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

@mistfirefly If even the default stuff (eg email) isn't getting through and the original site has customised fields in it, then not only will the template file have been changed but probably also the core file that does the sending. Switching templates won't affect that.
    The core file that has probably been modified is includes/modules/pages/contact_us/header_php.php
    Have a look at that and compare it to an unmodified one to see what changes were made by your predecessor.
    Regards
    David

Plugin Contributions

Thank you David Allen that was what I was looking for.
    It is nothing in the template it is clearly the functionality of the button/ form fields that has a problem. I just need to find a previous version of the contact_us header and hopefully figure what has gone wrong.
    Thanks for all the help.

Is this the only place that could be a problem?
    Is there any other place(maybe on the actual zen-cart control panel) that you could modify that? (I am just wondering how can this have gotten so messed up, thinking that maybe someone that has access there could have broken it)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast