Plugin Contributions

red flag Problems after upgrading from 1.39x to 1.5x using Fantastico

My website was working correctly until I upgraded to 1.5 using Fantastico, which I have used in the past and never had a problem. Now when I click Version link in my admin here is what it says:
    Sorry, your security clearance does not allow you to access this resource. Please contact your site administrator if you believe this to be incorrect. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Server Information does not show up after clicking Version in zc_admin

Anyone have any suggestions?

I cannot add products now or edit my cart in anyway. Not even manage orders.
    Last edited by jaingram; 17 Mar 2012 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Forgot to add additinal information

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems after upgrading from 1.39x to 1.5x using Fantastico

Simple: NEVER UPGRADE USING FANTASTICO!!!!!!!!!! EVER.

PERIOD. FULL STOP.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Smartest would be to restore your site from backup, and then do a proper upgrade following the proper upgrade instructions. www.zen-cart.com/upgrade

Yes, by restoring from backup you'll lose everything added since your backup (customers, orders, etc)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

i have the same problem. i backed up all my files but not sure where to put them or how to use them?

Plugin Contributions

Default SOLVED Problems after upgrading from 1.39x to 1.5x using Fantastico

I found the solution to this!

I opened the zen_admin table in my zen cart database. In the admin_profile field I changed the 0 (zero) to a 1. Save. Re-login to admin.

Quote Originally Posted by jaingram View Post
    My website was working correctly until I upgraded to 1.5 using Fantastico, which I have used in the past and never had a problem. Now when I click Version link in my admin here is what it says:
    Sorry, your security clearance does not allow you to access this resource. Please contact your site administrator if you believe this to be incorrect. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SOLVED Problems after upgrading from 1.39x to 1.5x using Fantastico

Hi I had the same problem and I tried inscrito solution and it worked. Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SOLVED Problems after upgrading from 1.39x to 1.5x using Fantastico

You've dealt with the part of the iceberg that is visible... What about all the other over-ride files that remain in the older-version format, that fantastico hasn't touched?

Version checking in ZC happens in TWO places: For the FILES, there is a PHP version definition file, and there is a database version definition too. You can "hoodwink" your installation to deliver "appropriate" version info (and spoof cross-checking) simply by overwriting this file and dbase definition - even if the rest of your files and database are older version.

Fantastico does just this... it goes the "hoodwink" route, so while your screen info will not show version conflicts, or even be able to recognise them, the fact remains that any non-upgraded override file will be of an incompatible version with their replaced core counterparts.

The risks here are massive... and potentially "business-breakers".

So... it is highly unlikely that you have "solved" your problems. The reality is that you have probably added to them - and done so spectacularly...
    19 years a Zencart User