Plugin Contributions

Default FedEx Webservices - PEAR::SOAP?

Installed the numinix FedEx Webservices module and found that my service provider does not have PHP SOAP available but recommended I use Pear::SOAP and insert "require_once('SOAP/Client.php'); " as a means to start SOAP.

I simply added the comment above the fedexwebservices.php on line 71;

require_once('SOAP/Client.php'); //added to call PEAR::SOAP
    $client = new SoapClient($path_to_wsdl, array('trace' => 1));

However, I am still getting the error:
    PHP Fatal error: Class 'SoapClient' not found in /... /includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php on line 71

I don't have any experience with either and trying to get it to work. Has anyone had a similar need to use PEAR to call SOAP functions?

Much appreciated, thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FedEx Webservices - PEAR::SOAP?

I'm having a similar problem. I get "500 internal server error" when I enable the FedEx Web services module. In my error logs it says:

PHP Fatal error: Class 'SoapClient' not found in /hermes/bosoraweb029/..../includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php on line 70

I tried the same thing you did just now and it didn't work for me either. I see that my host's server has pear soap, but I don't know about PHP soap. Did you find a solution? My old Fed-Ex api modules were working fine, but now they don't work since Fed-Ex switched to web services recently, and this web services module by Numinix seems like the only option, but it's not working for me.

Plugin Contributions

Have you asked the host if they will enable SOAP? It was not available by default but when I asked, they said No Problem, give us 20 minutes.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

I contacted support, here's what I said:

Hi, I'm seeing that the server has pear soap installed, but I think I need PHP soap to make this work. I tried adding a line: require_once('SOAP/Client.php'); but that didn't work. Can I have php soap installed or enabled on the server?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Support. SOAP is enabled as a pear module. Based on the error reported, make sure the require_once line of code is declared before the block of code using soap classes. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Support.

Technical Support.

I did what they said, but it still didn't work, but they also seemed to admit that they're using pear soap and not php soap. I don't know a lot about this stuff, but I'm guessing that's my issue?

Plugin Contributions

was your pear soap issue resolved? I'm having the same problem. What did you do to resolve it?

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the exact same problem, regardless whether I use pear soap, or next tried compiling with yum soap.

I read through the Numinix support forum, and a lot of other people are reporting the same problem with the blank shipping window.

Since there are so many reports of the same problem without resolution, I wonder if this module is just broken from the factory before we even try to install?

Plugin Contributions

I found the solution. Instead of using pear soap, I did a yum update on my php modules and installed the latest soap module from the remi repository. Once all of the php modules were consistent in the version, the Numinix FedEx service started working! I think it is a hit-or-miss with pear. If you can't get pear to work, try installing soap using yum.

Plugin Contributions

Default Help with installing numix fedex module

Can someone please tell me specifically what files to upload and to where? The instructions are very vague....

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with installing numix fedex module

This topic has come up in a recent ticket with one of our clients.

Our plugin will only work SOAP for PHP. Your website also requires an SSL certificate.

If your host refuses to add this module for PHP, then you may want to consider switching to another hosting company. Usually clients in this situation are using shared hosting which isn't recommended for running a robust ecommerce website as you'll constantly run into issues like in this ticket, or issues with inadequate server resources as soon as your website has steady traffic.