Plugin Contributions

help question Limiting each discount coupon usage only for 1 customer

Hello, people :)

I have a question regarding the following:

I want to limit any discount coupon usage per one customer.

For example I have 100 registered customers. I want to give for 3 of them - 3 discount coupons. 3% discount, 5% discount and 7% discount - for example. And I don't want this coupons to be shared with anybody else (for exampler customer, wich got a 5% discount coupon from me - shares it with his friends or something else) and people starts to use this coupon, while it were only for 1 person.

We can limit coupon usage for specific product groups/goods/set other limitations, but don't have an ability to lock it for 1 customer...

Setting customer groups instead of giving "personal" discount coupon is not the right solution I think, because the coupons offers more posibilities and they are more flexible.
    For example I want to provide 5% discount to all new customers for a 2 weeks period and set this discount only for limited period of time - 1 month, after wich I want to remove all this coupons and their codes from the base.

Any solution?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Limiting each discount coupon usage only for 1 customer

In coupon admin you can set "uses per coupon." Set it to one.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    In coupon admin you can set "uses per coupon." Set it to one.
    Thanks for your reply.
    But it's not exactly what I want. I need it the way, when the coupon is not limited for only 1 time use. I just want to set the limit to use the specific coupon only by one specific customer with other possible restrictions (including period of time, goods groups, etc)

for example - I issuing the coupon "ABC12345" and want to limit the use of it only for customer abc12345 @ mail.com (for example)
    so, when other customer will try to use it - there will be a message that this coupon is not for him, or NO message - no sense.

I see that there is no such ability by default. But maybe it's possible to make a liitle simple mod, that will add the new field in configuration and to the sql base accordingly.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Gre4ka View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    But it's not exactly what I want. I need it the way, when the coupon is not limited for only 1 time use. I just want to set the limit to use the specific coupon only by one specific customer with other possible restrictions (including period of time, goods groups, etc)

for example - I issuing the coupon "ABC12345" and want to limit the use of it only for customer abc12345 @ mail.com (for example)
    so, when other customer will try to use it - there will be a message that this coupon is not for him, or NO message - no sense.

I see that there is no such ability by default. But maybe it's possible to make a liitle simple mod, that will add the new field in configuration and to the sql base accordingly.
    You don't need a mod for that. All you have to do is give the coupon code to that one person and as long as no one else has it only that one person can use it. If you want to make sure no one guesses the code (not sure why they would do it anyway if they don't know you use coupon codes) make it 10 alpha-numeric characters long. I doubt anyone would simply guess it on checkout.

Plugin Contributions

Hmm...
    TesterServers
    It's non reliable, just because people like to share such things with each other
    There are a lot of web sites, that shares discount coupons information with their codes that are often linked to one person or group, but not limited in any way.
    Yes, I may cancel such "cheat" order or/and ban the person that tryed to use the coupon, that are not granted to him, but such way is not correct.
    But anyway, I'll try to make similar mod by myself.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Gre4ka View Post
    Hmm...
    TesterServers
    It's non reliable, just because people like to share such things with each other
    There are a lot of web sites, that shares discount coupons information with their codes that are often linked to one person or group, but not limited in any way.
    Yes, I may cancel such "cheat" order or/and ban the person that tryed to use the coupon, that are not granted to him, but such way is not correct.
    But anyway, I'll try to make similar mod by myself.
    Unless you create the mod, then your next option is to have a coupon code that can be used only once.