Plugin Contributions

Default Products Price Manager & Quantity Discounts Attributes

Hi,

I'm new to Zen so I'm still finding my way.....

I have been setting up quantity discounts using Products Price Manager but quickly discovered that I need a quicker method. I imagined I'd be able to edit them in excel and insert them into the database but no headers appeared for PPM to edit when I download the full database via EP. Is that right?

I have therefore looked at creating quantity discounts using product attributes but I've tried a few times now and have to admit that I'm really not getting it!! All I have managed to achieve so far is a single radio button on the product page, instead of a drop down, a link to a quantity discounts table on a new page and to double the price instead of discounting it.

Is there an idiots start-to-finish guide to creating product price attributes anywhere? I can find guides to parts but not to everything. Once I get the gist of it I'll be away but so far it eludes me

Minskin
    Last edited by minskin; 19 Mar 2012 at 02:28 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Products Price Manager & Quantity Discounts Attributes

It's ok, the penny's just dropped and I think I've sussed it. I've managed to correctly configure the attribute and insert it into a a product and for it to calculate the correct discounts in the cart. I still have to work out how to display it correctly on th page as all I have is a link at the moment but I think I'm on my way with it...

Minskin

Plugin Contributions

I've been strugglinbg with this for over 24 hours now and think I'm getting overly confused by it all so would appreciate some guidance at this point.

As above, I've managed to configure the quantity price discount attribute as I want it. I now have it showing on the page, here, as a link to a pop up that shows the discount structure.

However, I want it to show in a table like it does when done with the built in PPM as demonstrated here.

I also can't see the relevent column headers for the attributes qty disount in the data file downloaded in EP. I assume they are there, is there another way to download them so I edit the discount prices there and insert?

Minskin

Plugin Contributions

Hi everyone,

OK, forget about displaying the discounts on the product page for now, I'll get my webdev to sort that for me.

I really need help with how to edit the relevant database fields though so if someone could please tell me how to find and download the product discount fields so that I can edit them I would very much appreciate it.

I have ben looking for help and guides on the forum but just can't seem to find a definitive answer.

Thanks, Minskin

Plugin Contributions

Well I've had a nice conversation with myself on here today but no matter, I've sussed out a very acceptable method to do all the things I need without the need to root around in the site files.... thankfully

I used a combination of the built in PPM and niccol's marvellous 'Discount Copier'. I used negative percentages so I can have the lowest (prices from) price first. I still have to get my webdev to remove the first cell in the PPM table that displays on the product page but overall it's saved me countless hours of adding price discounts to individual products. Phew!

Minskin