Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Add to the cart goes to Page cannot be found

Ok i have a strange problem.

- I'm using zencart 1.5
    - I installed a theme. Although I've gone back to the classic theme and problem persists
    - I have the module Simple SEO installed yet i've turned it off and still have same problem.

Problem: On my product info page when you click "add to the cart" it goes to my page not found page.

Interesting Scenario though: When you click on a Buy Now button it adds the product to the cart with no problem.

Examples of the problem: http://www.dresshaute.com/shop-by-co...ck/black-dress

IF you go there and click "Add This To my Cart" you will see my issue.

However if you go here: http://www.dresshaute.com/products_all

and click on a "Buy Now" button it works as how I want the add to the cart button should work.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or what code needs to be examined or changed. I really don't want to reinstall everything and start from scratch but i know I may have to.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Kim; 10 Jan 2012 at 10:03 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: possible 1.5 problem? Add to the cart goes to Page cannot be found

Your seo module is still "turned on"
    Turn it off and see if that works

Plugin Contributions

It's off now.

I had it on and off with the same results though.

Please recheck the examples now.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Upon further review it appears the Delete product button or update product button do not work either once you are able to get to the cart (only way to view cart items is to click the cart or go to the Buy Now button)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What is your setting for Admin->Configuration->My Store->Display Cart After Adding Product? Set it to True. Does the problem still continue?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am having the same, if not a similar problem.

I deleted the Zen Cart Install, and put a fresh 1.5 copy up there, and ran through the installation.

I loaded the products, and I'm getting a 404 page not found when adding anything to a cart.

I have NOT loaded any SEO stuff.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Plugin Contributions

We need more information. Please. Click reply and answer all of the questions in the Posting Tips section.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

What version of Zen Cart? 1.5.0

Is it a new install or an upgrade? New

What the addons/contributions you have installed? None

What customizations have you made? None

What type of server are you using? Windows

Are you installing locally? No

What operating system? Unsure, on GoDaddy.Com 4GH Hosting

What version of PHP is installed on the server? 5.3

What version of MYSQL is installed on the server? 5.0

What you were doing when your problem occurred? Adding any item to the cart

What are the steps to reproduce the problem? Enter the quantity, and press "Add to Cart"

Have you attempted to fix the problem? Yes

What steps have you taken?

- Tried deleting and re-adding items.
    - Tried moving items to other catetories.
    - Changed Admin -> My Store -> Display Cart After Adding Product Off tested (FAIL) back on (FAIL AGAIN)
    - Recopied the entire ZenCart Install over again (Copied over files minus configuration.php)

Any other details that might be important, i.e. the port number

The goofy thing is, using the same download of Zencart, copied over, I have another installation that's working fine. Initially i thought I must have goofed something up, so I blew everything away, INCLUDING the database and no dice.

Site is http://www.paulmarlinco.com

Thanks again, and sorry for not following the posting rules the first time.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What's the URL in your browser's address bar when you get this "page not found" response?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Windows with GoDaddy? Oy!
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast