Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Getting Creative: Probably a long shot, but...

Hi all-

We sell natural health supplements and homeopathic products online and have invested quite a bit into the Zen Cart platform.

We currently sell retail and use many standard features as well as some custom ones. What we are looking at doing is possibly creating Employee Purchase Programs where we could market to hospital employees, large corporation employees, etc. and offer them their own little custom store that have their own subdomain or directformulas.com/HospitalName and would have a custom logo which would feature the hospitals logo as well as ours.

Anyone know of a module or add-on that would accommodate such a feature?

Additionally, we were thinking of also talking to local natural doctors and offering them their own store with the same look and feel as the above, but would be password protected and they would pick and choose which of our products would be featured in their store and which would not.

Thanks in advance!

A long shot I'm sure,

-Steve

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Getting Creative: Probably a long shot, but...

The first might be doable with the MultiSite mod, though I haven't used it and don't know if it works with the latest Zencart version.

I'm not clear about what you're asking in the second case. Would you create and maintain these sites ? Who would accept payment and ship products ? Would it matter if all such sites didn't draw from the same product inventory ?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply!

It doesn't matter if it pulled from same inventory as we don't even house the inventory, it is picked up in a batch daily from a local supplier and then returned to our office to ship out to customer.

We would create, manage, run the credit cards, everything for those sites - the doctors would simply get a small percentage commission for sending their clients there and using our store.

Plugin Contributions

In that case, I would just create a new Zencart installation for each doctor in a subdirectory.. Actually, I would do the same for the employee sites too, if the stock management thing is the same there. Managing multiple Zencart sites, each with its own admin, isn't that big a deal if you organize it properly.