Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Communications Error Billing Address should match

What did Authnet tech support say was the exact cause of the (13) error that THEIR servers sent to your store?

What EXACTLY is your hosting company doing to diagnose and solve the intermittent problems with connecting?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply.

Authorize.net says.

I would be happy to help you with this issue. This response will be returned if you are posting to our test server. You need to make sure you are posting to the following URL:
    https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dllThe full documentation on this error can be found here:
    https://support.authorize.net/authkb...1332769812867I have told them I am not in test mode, and asked them specifically what the issue is.

I am not sure that I am still having an intermittent problem connecting. Not sure how I can tell. the curl test does not seem to indicate that now.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If the Zen Cart module is NOT in "test mode" then it won't send transactions to the "test" server.

As for your intermittent problems connecting, if you're getting "Communications Error" messages, then ... you're having problems connecting. If those are gone, then I'm not sure I understand what your new symptoms are.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hey, Dr. Byte, I'm now looking into this further for rliddle. I've gone over the same ground that he has and have some additional questions and information for you.

For one, there is a custom cart on the same hosting that is having no problems with a.net transactions. The original programmer wrote a small test script yesterday to prove that a.net is accessible via curl.

The cart itself seems to time out : Comm results: 28 Operation timed out after 15000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received

However, these transactions are showing up as charges at a.net. The one I just placed is showing up in my bank account.

Affirmed that he doesn't have to have a hash in zen cart even though he has one at a.net

Message in log:
    [0] => Response from gateway
    [1] =>
    [Expected-MD5-Hash] => 5AC071C4301A4C14B0436639754B0498
    [HashMatchStatus] => FAIL

CURL communication info: Array
    (
    [url] => https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll
    [content_type] =>
    [http_code] => 100
    [header_size] => 25
    [request_size] => 218
    [filetime] => -1
    [ssl_verify_result] => 0
    [redirect_count] => 0
    [total_time] => 14.999434
    [namelookup_time] => 0.021844
    [connect_time] => 0.152089
    [pretransfer_time] => 0.56888
    [size_upload] => 1058
    [size_download] => 0
    [speed_download] => 0
    [speed_upload] => 70
    [download_content_length] => -1
    [upload_content_length] => 1058
    [starttransfer_time] => 0.699188
    [redirect_time] => 0
    )

RAW data received
    and there the log ends.

Can any settings at a.net make any difference such as relay response, receipt urls, silent post etc make a difference? Those settings were set up long ago and may well not be even appropriate to the working custom cart. But not sure as I never set anything up for those for customers anymore. I know they aren't required but wondering if his old settings could be a problem.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    [0] => Response from gateway
    [1] =>
    [Expected-MD5-Hash] => 5AC071C4301A4C14B0436639754B0498
    [HashMatchStatus] => FAIL
    Each of those 4 lines is added by Zen Cart after receiving the response. The [0] line is added for readability.
    The [1] line is the only actual response: blank
    The [Expected-MD5-Hash] is the value it's looking for, but you'll notice that there is NO MD5-Hash returned from Authnet, so it has nothing to match against.
    Hence the [HashMatchStatus]=FAIL which is the result of Zen Cart comparing the (non-existent) MD5-Hash received from Authnet against the Expected-MD5-Hash which ZC was looking for to validate the transaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    CURL communication info: Array
    (
    [url] => https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll
    [content_type] =>
    [http_code] => 100
    [header_size] => 25
    [request_size] => 218
    [filetime] => -1
    [ssl_verify_result] => 0
    [redirect_count] => 0
    [total_time] => 14.999434
    [namelookup_time] => 0.021844
    [connect_time] => 0.152089
    [pretransfer_time] => 0.56888
    [size_upload] => 1058
    [size_download] => 0
    [speed_download] => 0
    [speed_upload] => 70
    [download_content_length] => -1
    [upload_content_length] => 1058
    [starttransfer_time] => 0.699188
    [redirect_time] => 0
    )
    This whole section is just a technical summary of the communciations taking place. The entry of note in this particular case is the HTTP_CODE of 100 ... which basically means the server acknowledged the connection (saying "100: please CONTINUE"), but evidently did nothing more than that, since it should have continued on and issued a 200 response along with all the values from the gateway, completing the transaction.

Figuring out what is wrong with this particular site and this particular merchant account is something that will most likely require deeper interaction with authnet tech support.

I can tell you that Zen Cart ONLY sends the prescribed list of name-value pairs, and then waits and listens for a response back from authnet. It's no more complicated than that as far as the software technology goes.

Plugin Contributions

Problem solved.

Thanks to everyone (Delia) for their help. Tunrs out we needed to zero out the entry under Silent Post URL in authorize.net

Hope nobody else has to go through this.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Very odd, since according to the documentation AIM doesn't use that value for anything.

But the SIM setup instructions definitely advise leaving the field blank: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=403

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12