I have a couple of questions about USPS that the USPS site doesn't seem to have simple or easy to find answers for... I didn't know where else to put this thread, so please feel free to move it, mods, if it's in the wrong place.

First off, I doubt my sales will ever be enough to justify a Stamps.com account. So that's out, please don't suggest it. Apparently the USPS website will let you print postage, but the way I ship is almost exclusively in bubble mailer envelopes, First Class Mail ($1.95 to most places)... and whenever I try to use the USPS print postage thing, it says First Class is unavailable. Is there a trick I'm missing? Is there a way to print the $1.95 shipping label for First Class mail and I'm missing it?

Next... I'm considering giving customers the option to add tracking to their orders. I think I'd do this as an "Attributes" thing for each product--unless someone has a reason I haven't thought of why that's a stupid idea. I'd mention that they only need to select it for one item in their order. Anyway, what exactly is the USPS First Class Mail tracking option? I've seen delivery confirmation, but not tracking when I've looked it up. But I know I've gotten receipts from the post office before with a tracking number on them that I can look up on their website. The Post Office is closed right now or I'd be calling them with these questions, by the way.

So anyway, what does the USPS offer in terms of tracking, for First Class Mail? And what does it cost (I'm selling lip balm--my shipments are very small)? I've got the figure 75cents rattling around in my head but I don't know where it came from.

Is offering the option of tracking a good idea or not worth it? Am I going to be able to print First Class postage from the USPS website or not? If I do, can I add tracking to that or is that a post-office-only kind of thing?

I know this is all USPS and not Zen Cart stuff, but I figure there are a lot of people here who know a lot more about the USPS than I do, so you're a good lot to ask... thanks for listening.