Plugin Contributions

Default InternetSecure VeriSign SSL certificate

I have just received the following from InternetSecure, the credit card processor we use for our site:

"On Tuesday April 10th, the SSL certificates for https://secure.internetsecure.com/process.cgi will be updated. The new ones have been issued by VeriSign, to replace the current ones issued by Network Solutions, and they will no longer be “wildcard” certificates. This should have no impact on your card processing, but in rare cases, a merchant's web store may not immediately trust the new certificate. This could cause your customers to receive a certificate error when trying to process a transaction through the InternetSecure Gateway. Some older versions of applications / shopping carts may not have been updated to recognize VeriSign as a trusted source.
    We encourage you to contact your web developer today to determine whether your web site lists VeriSign as a trusted source for certificates. If not, they should import the appropriate chain/intermediate certificates in your application's Certificate Store - or ask your shopping cart company to do so.........."

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but is this going to affect our site? Do we need to "import the appropriate chain/intermediate certificates in your application's Certificate Store" and if so, how do I do this? We use ZenCart version 1.3.7 and I am frankly a doofus when it comes to anything technical, so any help would be appreciated!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: VeriSign SSL certificate

Your "certificate store" is something that your hosting company manages. You'll need to talk to *them* about this issue, since they're the only ones who can answer your questions or do anything about it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: InternetSecure VeriSign SSL certificate

Thank you very much, DrByte! That certainly explains why I couldn't find the "certificate store" in our cart program, lol
    I had a feeling this was a "blonde" question... thanks for your patience!