Default Default template all content not secure in login page (network solutions host)

I installed a bran new site with zen 1.3.9h. When I click on the login page internet explorer says "only secure content is displayed and gives me a choice to display all. It looks like the CSS files are not loading up on https. I don't want the customer to see a mostly white page when logging in. Any idea why this is happening?

I am troubleshooting my current site for this error and tried putting a default zen installation to see if same thing happens. I thought this did not happen before.

FYI I recently moved hosts to network solutions a couple weeks ago and typically used firefox which I don't see this warning. They also had some server issues as well in the last week. I have been on tech support several times and they tell me there is nothing wrong with the SSL.

Thanks for any help you may provide

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Default template all content not secure in login page

Quote Originally Posted by jpietrowiak View Post
    FYI I recently moved hosts to network solutions
    Therein lies your problem.
    The SSL that netsol gives has never worked with Zen Cart, despite valient efforts by Zen Cart to convince them that they're almost the only hosting company that can't make SSL work to any conventional standard.

To see it for yourself, try this ssltest script, and report back its output:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...87&postcount=4

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Default Re: Default template all content not secure in login page (network solutions host)

Thanks for the quick reply. Here is what my host has

Protocol detected: NONSSL

Array
    (
    [PATH] => /lib64/rc/sbin:/lib64/rc/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/opt/bin:/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.5.3:/var/hivedb/:/usr/services/vux/apache/bin
    [FCGI_ROLE] => RESPONDER
    [SCRIPT_URL] => /ssltest.php
    [SCRIPT_URI] => http://example.com/ssltest.php
    [DOMAIN_NAME] => example.com
    [DOMAIN_PATH] => /data/24/2/43/52/2695867/user/2961109/htdocs/cncstore
    [PKEY] => 2695867.2961109
    [RAILS_URI] => INVAL
    [DOMAIN_USER] => 2695867.2961109
    [HTTP_ACCEPT] => text/html, application/xhtml+xml, */*
    [HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING] => gzip, deflate
    [HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE] => en-us
    [HTTP_COOKIE] => zenid=139ed703b0d43e8c282dafe611bfd210; __utma=238792786.449342449.1332941366.1332941366.1332941366.1; __utmb=238792786.1.10.1332941366; __utmc=238792786; __utmz=238792786.1332941366.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)
    [HTTP_USER_AGENT] => Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/5.0)
    [HTTP_HOST] => cnc-specialty-store.com
    [HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR] => 107.8.211.54
    [HTTP_X_FORWARDED_HOST] => example.com
    [HTTP_X_FORWARDED_SERVER] => example.com
    [HTTP_CONNECTION] => Keep-Alive
    [SERVER_SIGNATURE] =>
    [SERVER_SOFTWARE] => Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
    [SERVER_NAME] => example.com
    [SERVER_ADDR] => 10.49.33.119
    [SERVER_PORT] => 80
    [REMOTE_ADDR] => 205.178.182.177
    [DOCUMENT_ROOT] => /data/24/2/43/52/2695867/user/2961109/htdocs/cncstore
    [SERVER_ADMIN] => [no address given]
    [SCRIPT_FILENAME] => /data/24/2/43/52/2695867/user/2961109/htdocs/substore/ssltest.php
    [REMOTE_PORT] => 3178
    [GATEWAY_INTERFACE] => CGI/1.1
    [SERVER_PROTOCOL] => HTTP/1.1
    [REQUEST_METHOD] => GET
    [QUERY_STRING] =>
    [REQUEST_URI] => /ssltest.php
    [SCRIPT_NAME] => /ssltest.php
    [PHP_SELF] => /ssltest.php
    [REQUEST_TIME] => 1332941465
    [argv] => Array
    (
    )

[argc] => 0
    )

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Default template all content not secure in login page (network solutions host)

Was that from running it via https: //your_domain.com/ssltest.php or just http:// ... ?

If that was from using an https URL to access the file, then clearly the server isn't showing any evidence of being in SSL mode whatsoever.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

That one above was http:// the one below is https:// which looks like it is also not really SSL

Array
    (
    [PATH] => /lib64/rc/sbin:/lib64/rc/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin
    [FCGI_ROLE] => RESPONDER
    [SCRIPT_URL] => /ssltest.php
    [SCRIPT_URI] => http://example/ssltest.php
    [DOMAIN_NAME] => example.com
    [DOMAIN_PATH] => /data/24/2/43/52/2695867/user/2961109/htdocs/cncstore
    [PKEY] => 2695867.2961109
    [RAILS_URI] => INVAL
    [DOMAIN_USER] => 2695867.2961109
    [HTTP_ACCEPT] => text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
    [HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING] => gzip, deflate
    [HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE] => en-us,en;q=0.5
    [HTTP_COOKIE] => zenid=af20f904e66b0e0d33eaba1fe50ea175; __utma=238792786.460847359.1332944971.1332952760.1332958495.4; __utmc=238792786; __utmz=238792786.1332944971.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)
    [HTTP_USER_AGENT] => Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
    [HTTP_HOST] => cnc-specialty-store.com
    [HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR] => 107.8.211.00
    [HTTP_X_FORWARDED_HOST] => example.com
    [HTTP_X_FORWARDED_SERVER] => example.com
    [HTTP_CONNECTION] => Keep-Alive
    [SERVER_SIGNATURE] =>
    [SERVER_SOFTWARE] => Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
    [SERVER_NAME] => cnc-specialty-store.com
    [SERVER_ADDR] => 10.49.33.144
    [SERVER_PORT] => 80
    [REMOTE_ADDR] => 205.178.182.177
    [DOCUMENT_ROOT] => /data/24/2/43/52/2695867/user/2961109/htdocs/store
    [SERVER_ADMIN] => [no address given]
    [SCRIPT_FILENAME] => /data/24/2/43/52/2695867/user/2961109/htdocs/store/ssltest.php
    [REMOTE_PORT] => 4587
    [GATEWAY_INTERFACE] => CGI/1.1
    [SERVER_PROTOCOL] => HTTP/1.1
    [REQUEST_METHOD] => GET
    [QUERY_STRING] =>
    [REQUEST_URI] => /ssltest.php
    [SCRIPT_NAME] => /ssltest.php
    [PHP_SELF] => /ssltest.php
    [REQUEST_TIME] => 1332962010
    [argv] => Array
    (
    )

[argc] => 0
    )

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Right. Clearly they're not doing SSL in any conventional way.

Plugin Contributions

The term "Network Solutions" is an OXYMORON. (Google that for a definition if you don't know what oxymoron means).

Every year, Network Solutions, GoDaddy and 1&1 compete for"The most useless host of the year" award.

Network solutions have won the trophy six times since 1998, and been runner up to Godaddy on many occasions.

1&1 is now considered to be so useless that allowing them to enter the competition would be unfair to the others. They were banned from taking part in 2007.
    19 years a Zencart User

Ok so called them again and of course they pointed out this thread from the internet/zencart where this guy changed the following and it works (I tested it) but I think you said in this thread all images load in SSL then? Is that the case still and does that mean every image on the website or only when you are in the main SSL/https type pages during checkout? Trying to figure out if this is a killer to do this for my site if I stay with the host or should I go somewhere else.

File includes/templates/YOUR TEMPLATE/common/html_header.php

Change
    <base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG : HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG ); ?>" />

to

<base href="https://example.com" />

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    Every year, Network Solutions, GoDaddy and 1&1 compete for"The most useless host of the year" award.

Network solutions have won the trophy six times since 1998, and been runner up to Godaddy on many occasions.
    Didn't see this before my post. I guess that means change hosts?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jpietrowiak View Post
    Didn't see this before my post. I guess that means change hosts?
    Of course, it's just my little joke... But if there really was a competition for "worst host of the year", network solutions would be a regular winner.

These "popular" webhosts are ok if you just want 4 html pages showcasing your vacation photos so Auntie Mary can see them online...

But for anything more demanding, these hosts are useless. Remember... they are cheap, and to make money they need to get as many clients as possible and the more they have, the more "generic" they need to make their servers.

Many of these hosts appear to employ junior staff who's only knowledge of servers was learned in an evening after reading "Server Management For Dummies".

If you want proper hosting, pay just a fraction more, and get a host that KNOWS eCommerce, and zencart in particular.
    19 years a Zencart User