Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Tools->Server Informati

I ran the recommended upgrade for ZenCart that was recommended by my host. It was an auto install offered. However, it errored out and I know get the following message: "Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Tools->Server Information to review patch levels." It is visible on the homepage, and in the admin area. I went as instructed to the admin area, server info and see the following:

Server Host: gs14.inmotionhosting.com (205.134.240.228) Database Host: localhost (127.0.0.1) Server OS: Linux 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp Database: MySQL 4.0.27-standard-log Server Date: 11/16/2006 06:49:56 Database Date: 11/16/2006 06:49:56 Server Up Time: 06:49:56 up 25 days, 4:23, 2 users, load average: 2.58, 2.84, 2.96
    PHP Version: 4.3.11 (Zend: 1.3.0)

HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.36 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.3.11 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.27 OpenSSL/0.9.7a

I look to the config.php and see the following database info.

// define our database connection
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'zen_');
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '*****');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '****');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'wicked8_zc1');
    define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
    define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db'); // use 'db' for best support, or '' for file-based storage

Basically, I know enough to be dangerous, but not enough to corerct this. Can anyone help me out so I do not loose the hours of work I have input. My only thought is to delete and do a fresh install.
    Last edited by Ajeh; 16 Nov 2006 at 04:31 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Tools->Server Infor

Does anyone have an answer to this? I'm getting it too.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Tools->Server Infor

Quote Originally Posted by dranet View Post
    Does anyone have an answer to this? I'm getting it too.
    It means that your database structure doesn't match the version that your PHP files are expecting.
    This typically happens only when you've started to do an upgrade but haven't completed it properly.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    It means that your database structure doesn't match the version that your PHP files are expecting.
    This typically happens only when you've started to do an upgrade but haven't completed it properly.
    Thanks for replying, but I just installed ZenCart. I went through every step in the instructions and the only errors I got are for the fcgi thingie. Well, that and I'm getting a page not found error on the catalog (admin works ok).

Are all of these related?

Thanks,
    Tracy

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What is the URL?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I had a database backup from version 1.3.7.1

I left a site host and held onto the backup until I got a chance to redo the site. I installed zen, apparently 1.3.8.a, restored the backup I had, and am getting the same message about patch levels. I wanted to avoid typing in all of our product data again. Not sure what to do next.

Zen Cart 1.3.8a
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.7.1

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by traders View Post
    I had a database backup from version 1.3.7.1

I left a site host and held onto the backup until I got a chance to redo the site. I installed zen, apparently 1.3.8.a, restored the backup I had, and am getting the same message about patch levels. I wanted to avoid typing in all of our product data again. Not sure what to do next.

Zen Cart 1.3.8a
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.7.1
    Um ... you need to upgrade your database.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I'll try to find information on that. I do not know if I was to upgrade it BEFORE upload, or after. There were some switches and/or selections at the restore page but I just left everything alone and did not change anything. Any clue on how to do appreciated, meantime I'll search. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Upload the zc_install folder for your Zen Cart version, and run it from your browser.
    Full upgrade documentation is available in several places:
    a) the /docs/ folder of your Zen cart files
    b) the FAQ/Tutorials area
    c) all over the forum

Or, you could just download the older version of Zen Cart and install that instead.
    And plan your upgrade later.

Plugin Contributions

ok, i'll try to figure it out thanks for the help. i originally installed through fantastico which is automatic install so i have never installed outsite of there, so i'll work with your info thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast