Plugin Contributions

application error heliohost FTP Manager export issues w/templates

Ok so First off I apologize if I didn't find the aqueduct thread to post this in. I did many searches & could not find another who had this issue.

I am trying to use an addon with the templates. I downloaded the newest version 1.5.0 directly from the site. According to the tutorial I am to download the zip file, find the "includes" file compress & upload that to my FTP Manager (using Legacy with cpanel by heliohost) and export into my home directory. However!, when I try to export I get an error saying I need v2.0 to export & all my files show as inflation.

Please note, I have posted a similar thread on heliohost's forum for any answers in case this is not a zencart issue but a server issue.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FTP Manager export issues w/templates

Had a quick look but don't see an add on called aqueduct in the downloads section. Do you have a link? Or any other information?

From what you have written and assuming your new (1st post) it's most likely you've misunderstood the instructions. But it's hard to know exactly what it is your trying to do.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FTP Manager export issues w/templates

Quote Originally Posted by davowave View Post
    Had a quick look but don't see an add on called aqueduct in the downloads section. Do you have a link? Or any other information?

From what you have written and assuming your new (1st post) it's most likely you've misunderstood the instructions. But it's hard to know exactly what it is your trying to do.
    Ok I realize that I may have a misspelled word in my post but it is irrellevant 2 the situation. I am looking 2 get help in downloading the template andover modern 2 use on my server with zencart. Thanks again 4 any useful assistance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: heliohost FTP Manager export issues w/templates

You cannot FTP a zipped module/template/addon to the server, and unzip it on the server, because this will not place the files into the correct locations.

On your LOCAL MACHINE, unzip the addon, so you can see all the folders and files.

Then, using a (proper) FTP program, send the folders/files to their correct locations in your ZC installation.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    You cannot FTP a zipped module/template/addon to the server, and unzip it on the server, because this will not place the files into the correct locations.
    ok, why then would the installation instructions tell me to do exactly that? REF: andover_modern_readme.html

On your LOCAL MACHINE, unzip the addon, so you can see all the folders and files.
    I DID that. read post

Then, using a (proper) FTP program, send the folders/files to their correct locations in your ZC installation.
    Emphasizing the word 'proper' doesn't give a list of said 'proper' programs. But I'm assuming you're talking about filezilla.

Plugin Contributions

(timeout) Emphasizing the word 'proper' doesn't give a list of said 'proper' programs. But I'm assuming you're talking about filezilla. Which I have used and then my Zencart doesn't respond showing that the template was loaded at all. When I go to select it under the tools>template selection>edit; the there's only the default template. so using either method hasn't worked.

Plugin Contributions

Filezilla is OK... we use WS FTP Pro from Ipswitch, as it is more sophistcated and secure. Considering that we do an average of 3 full installs every month, and have done so at that rate going on 7 years now, using a good FTP program is essential. It's also better at error capturing and reporting, as well as choosing the correct transport type (ascii or binary)

We have loaded many hundreds (perhaps thousands) of templates and maybe even more modules and add-ons, and the "rules" are pretty much the same for all of them.

1. Go through the README in the add-on, after unzipping it on a local machine.

2. Where folders are to be renamed, do so.

3. Where files are to be "merged", do so with a program like winmerge.

4. where stuff is overwritten, make a full backup of the original.

5. Then... you are ready to FTP.

Filezilla / WS FTP ... will have TWO PANES open (usually the LEFT one is the LOCAL machine and the RIGHT one is the REMOTE server).

Navigate on your LOCAL machine to the CORE FOLDERS involved in the module... in many cases, this is the same directory level as zencart CORE or ROOT level.

For templates, its almost always just an includes folder, with possibly a READ ME file. In rare instances it could have OTHER folders.

Inside that INCLUDES folder are likely to be three or four more folders (extra_datafiles, languages, modules, templates).

DON'T drill down into them... stay at the "includes" level.

NOW... IN THE RIGHT PANE OF YOUR FTP... navigate to your zencart ROOT installation. You need to be at the level where you ALSO SEE an "includes" folder.

Now... drag the "includes" folder in the left frame of your FTP to the "includes" folder in the right frame.

In some FTP programs you need to HIGHLIGHT the includes folder in the left frame, and click a little right-pointing arrow, showing the direction the transfer is to happen.

It really can't be any easier than that.
    Last edited by schoolboy; 6 Apr 2012 at 09:35 PM.
    19 years a Zencart User