Thread: admin via iPad?

Plugin Contributions

Default admin via iPad?

I sell at farmers markets and craft shows, besides online. I started taking my laptop to these sales so that I don't have to split inventory and leave 'online inventory' at home/shop in case it sells while I'm at a live event.

My laptop is 17.5" screen, and its ok most of the time, but some of these events are cold/wet/windy etc depending on time of year, and so I wondered if an iPad would be a better tool than a laptop - easier to stash, take up less space, be more discrete, etc.

Can anyone tell me if I (a techno-peasant) could browse and admin my zc site with an iPad?

(I'm not immediately concerned about using it as a POS, just the ability to adjust inventory. Hope to look to zc POS solution later.)

Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: admin via iPad

If you can, visit your local computer store and ask them to show you an iPad... then try access your admin panel and see what happens.

Explain to them that this is critical to your purchase decision and you should have no hassle with getting them to help.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Hi soxophoneplayer,

I update my Admin using my iPhone, so it should be the same with the iPad :)

On another note, why would you get an iPad for such purpose?
    I think your best off buying an Asus EeePC or similar mini notebook which wouldn't cost you much and will do a lot of a better job than an iPad as you can install programs and other things such as Mods from it and it's Very Small, Very Light and Half the size of the iPad with the Screen folding down for protection!

Best Regards,
    *Zen Cart eCommerce Solution - Putting the Dream of Owning an Online Business within reach of anyone!

Plugin Contributions

You can?

On the iPad I cannot upload pictures and edit the product description via safari

Plugin Contributions

I bought 3 Galaxy Tabs (7" screen) for such tasks i.e. easier for staff to carry about the warehouse and for the driver to manually update local delivery orders.

They work, but as the admin side uses mouse-over menu navigation, lol a touch pad is a but of a chew-on and can be a little when moving from using a mouse to a touch screen.

Still perfectly doable though, just can entail a lot of pinching and finger flicking.

www . samsung.com/uk/galaxytab/
    i found a 10" device just a little too big, the 7" is ideal as it can fit into large jacket internal pockets. (unlike the iPad it can also act as a mobile phone via blue-tooth dongle)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rlexyd View Post
    Hi soxophoneplayer,

I update my Admin using my iPhone, so it should be the same with the iPad :)

On another note, why would you get an iPad for such purpose?
    I think your best off buying an Asus EeePC or similar mini notebook which wouldn't cost you much and will do a lot of a better job than an iPad as you can install programs and other things such as Mods from it and it's Very Small, Very Light and Half the size of the iPad with the Screen folding down for protection!

Best Regards,
    Hello, my name is Carmelo,

is possible that someone help me, can i mod admin nav menu in this mode:

i do login to my zen with ipad and after i click to the nav menu example to reports then menu drop down, so i mean not in mouse hover but in mouse click?

Wbr, Carmelo

Zencart: www.inteltronics.it