Plugin Contributions

Default Cannot find 'About Us' text

Hi all,

I've taken on a site previously developed for someone else. I've managed to remove most references to the other company but for some reason I cannot find where the 'About Us' text is stored so that I can change it.

This is the page and I want to change the text on the right. The about.php contains this;

<?php

include_once('connections/db101.php');
    $link_id = db_connect();
    $query = "SELECT title, content FROM pages WHERE idx = 1";
    $result = mysql_query($query, $link_id);

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_ASSOC)){

$title = $row['title'];
    $content = $row['content'];

echo $content;

}

?>

I'm not sure what this means exactly, does it mean the 'About Us' text is in a database?

Copying and excerpt of the text and searching in Developers Toolkit reveals no results. There's no 'About Us' page in the Define Pages Editor in admin.

I can see and edit the text in FireBug but I don't know how to find and it in the file system. I'm stumped.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be verrrrrry grateful.

Thanks, Minskin

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot find 'About Us' text

That About Us page isn't part of the Zencart installation, so you'll have to check the HTML files in the rest of the file area on the server.

Plugin Contributions

Many thanks stevesh, I recall my Webdev saying the previous owner wanted the about us page to be the default start page so yes, that makes sense.

I've proved that the About Us page that's being used is public_html/about.php (by changing the alt text for the image). What I don't understand now is what I am looking for elsewhere on the server to find the text I need to change. Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Hard to say. It does look like it's pulling content from some database. What other databases do you have on that domain ?

If that site were mine, I wouldn't use those pages at all. I would have the header links in Zencart link to EZ pages that contained the same information ( About Us, Calculator, Samples) and just eliminate the current 'jump' page altogether.

Plugin Contributions

There's only one database for this domain and there's no obvious table that has the information I'm looking for. I'm very inexperienced with databases though.....

I see now that all links in the top nav (apart from home) link to files in public_html whereas other pages are all within public_html/shop/ and they can be edited in admin via EZ Pages. Am I right in my understanding then that files within public_html/shop are Zencart files and those in just public_html are outside of it? Being new to Zencart I'm not sure where Zen begins.....

I did ask my webdev to change the About Us page from being the default start page and also to one that I could edit myself via admin but it seems he's not quite done that. Is it as easy as deleting those pages and creating new ones in EZ pages? Whilst there are more pages to do I think I'd better ask him to do it. I'm not confident enough with Zen just yet to go rooting around myself.

Thanks very much for your advice, it helped a lot.

Minskin