Default How secure is v150

I have had to totally remove Zen Cart due to all of the hacking I was getting last year. My web host suggested and loaded CRE Loaded onto my site but I'm finding it hard to figure out and there is basically no activity in their forums.

So, my question is this, If I start with the latest and greatest version of Zen Cart and do a fresh install, plus now I have purchased SSL, will my site be secure or will I still have problems with getting hacked?

Default How secure is v150

I have had to totally remove Zen Cart due to all of the hacking I was getting last year. My web host suggested and loaded CRE Loaded onto my site but I'm finding it hard to figure out and there is basically no activity in their forums.

So, my question is this, If I start with the latest and greatest version of Zen Cart and do a fresh install, plus now I have purchased SSL, will my site be secure or will I still have problems with getting hacked?

(I posted this before but I believe it was in the wrong spot, so I apologize)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How secure is v150

Version 1.5 is PCI-DSS Compliant and if it does get hacked, it will have nothing to do with the Zen Cart code but rather your web hosting environment. It is easy for a host to blame the script but you must also realize that the web host must secure their servers well beyond the default.
    Windows, BSD, Linux, Cisco, Hardware & IT Security Tech
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting

Qdixon's Security Blog

The version I was using before was 1.3.8 or 9. I still have the sql database, would it be safe to re-use it or should I re-do everything to make sure I have no issues?

thank you so much for the reply!

Plugin Contributions

Clean install of 1.5 and redo everything would be a lot safer. No sense in introducing something from 138.
    Windows, BSD, Linux, Cisco, Hardware & IT Security Tech
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting

Qdixon's Security Blog

Plugin Contributions

You always have a chance of getting hacked. Happens to all stores no matter how secure. The latest version of zen cart 1.5 is quite secure though and is PCI Compliant. Seeing that the zen cart community is more active and the shopping cart is always updated I would stick with zen cart.