Plugin Contributions

Default Posting directly to the cart via a new page(script)

Hi,

I've created a new page where I wrote the following sql to post directly to the cart

$sql_cart = "insert into " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET . "
    (customers_id, products_id, customers_basket_quantity,
    customers_basket_date_added)
    values ('" . (int)$_SESSION['customer_id'] . "', '".$product_id."', '" .
    "1', '" . date('Ymd') . "')";

The quantity will always be 1 in my case.

The script updates the cart correctly in the db, however, I do not see the changes in cart index.php?main_page=shopping_cart unless I logout and log back in.

Can anyone help?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Posting directly to the cart via a new page(script)

The cart that is actually in use is stored in the SESSION variable. If the user is logged in then it is also copied to the database. So, from your point of view adding the product to the session is the critical thing.

Off the top of my head I can't remember the details but if you put

Code:
    <?php

print_r($_SESSION);

?>
    somewhere down at the bottom of the page then you should be able to work out exactly what you need to do.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the answer.
    I get it but still do not know how to add the product to the session.

Here is the print out as you suggested.
    is it new_products_id_in_cart?

Would I need to add $_SESSION['cart']->new_products_id_in_cart = '$product_id'; ?

Array ( [securityToken] => bcafcdf4b02f791b5fff6bf968faba5a [customers_host_address] => adsl-75-38-108-14.dsl.irvnca.sbcglobal.net [cartID] => [cart] => shoppingCart Object ( [contents] => Array ( [102] => Array ( [qty] => 1 ) [100] => Array ( [qty] => 1 ) ) [total] => 150 [weight] => 0 [cartID] => 27584 [content_type] => [free_shipping_item] => 1 [free_shipping_weight] => 0 [free_shipping_price] => 75 ) [navigation] => navigationHistory Object ( [path] => Array ( [0] => Array ( [page] => logoff [mode] => NONSSL [get] => [post] => Array ( ) ) [1] => Array ( [page] => login [mode] => NONSSL [get] => Array ( [action] => process ) [post] => Array ( ) ) [2] => Array ( [page] => index [mode] => NONSSL [get] => [post] => Array ( ) ) [3] => Array ( [page] => page_4 [mode] => NONSSL [get] => [post] => Array ( ) ) [4] => Array ( [page] => shopping_cart [mode] => NONSSL [get] => [post] => Array ( ) ) ) [snapshot] => Array ( ) ) [check_valid] => true [language] => english [languages_id] => 1 [languages_code] => en [currency] => USD [today_is] => 2012-04-03 [updateExpirations] => 1 [session_counter] => 1 [customers_ip_address] => 75.38.108.14 [customer_id] => 2 [customer_default_address_id] => 2 [customers_authorization] => 0 [customer_first_name] => Cindi [customer_last_name] => Topol [customer_country_id] => 223 [customer_zone_id] => 43 [valid_to_checkout] => 1 [cart_errors] => [new_products_id_in_cart] => 100 )

Plugin Contributions

I got it. Thanks for your help

$_SESSION['cart']->contents['59']['qty'] = 1;

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The approach you're taking is dangerous, since it bypasses proper checks and balances and safety validations, as well as bypasses built-in hooks for plugins that you might be better off using.

You'd be far better off to use the smarter method of calling $_SESSION['cart']->add_product() or simply giving the customer a suitable button to click to accomplish the same thing (examples the built-in add-to-cart buttons on all the product and product-listing pages).

But A VERY IMPORTANT THING you've not mentioned here is the WHY behind what you're trying to do. What's so special about this particular page that makes you want to do as you've described? What's the business problem you're trying to solve by using the method you've posted about? Perhaps there are smarter and more efficient ways of accomplishing the same thing that will maybe even survive upgrades easier and be more adaptable to future needs, etc.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

What about simple hyperlinks?

<a href="index.php?main_page=index&action=buy_now&products_id=xxx">ANCHOR TEXT OR IMG</a>
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

What I'm trying to is give users an option to buy a swimming lessen for their children. This is divided to categories and levels.
    Each child can only have one.
    The children's names come from a different db.

Once they add the activity(product) to the cart I let zen do the rest.

Is there a better way to do this? What would you suggest?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Have you looked at Product Attributes yet?

There's a lotta options you can give to your customers directly within a product: http://www.zen-cart.net/index.php?ma...products_id=34

Ref: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=57

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.