Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: issues with upgrading and the admin changes

Further to the online catalogue button in admin ... I now find the gift certificates are not showing the currency £ sign...

and that all my previous sales in the admin show ?30 instead of £30...

not sure if this is due to the database upgrade or whether a coding thing???

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

didn't need to touch the config files... just the english.php file in includes/languages and admin/includes/languages

still getting the admin online catalogue button linking to mystore.com/index and not mystore.com/_NEW/

I'm guessing that along with PA_DSS it is required that google analytics is not part of v1.5 admin ? Or is there just no addon for it yet?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Catattak View Post
    still getting the admin online catalogue button linking to mystore.com/index and not mystore.com/_NEW/
    that means your DIR_WS_CATALOG setting is wrong in your admin configure.php file
    I'm guessing that along with PA_DSS it is required that google analytics is not part of v1.5 admin ?
    Not aware of any such requirements.
    Or is there just no addon for it yet?
    Possibly. Check the addons section.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    If you installed 1.5.0 in your test site, you didn't need to edit the configure.php file when you changed the admin folder name.

What does 'struggling to access the admin' mean ?
    Hey. It does pay to search the forum first!

Thats quite a subtle change which had me scratching my dogs nuts. I went to edit the admin config file and looked for what should have been my admin directory name and I couldnt find anything but one "/" . Thats very different from the old config file. So I tried inserting my new admin dir name. no luck getting to admin. When I put it back to the orginal name I got right to it. Is this some database stored value now? Otherwise where does ZC know where the admin folder is?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpadre View Post
    Is this some database stored value now? Otherwise where does ZC know where the admin folder is?
    No. You know where it is because you navigated there in your browser. Zen Cart merely looks at where you came to in your server's file system and uses this information to keep you there for subsequent pages.

This means that if you rename your admin and then go there, Zen Cart will spot where you've now landed and use that location instead.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

For those of us who have been using ZC for a number of years, this is a major revelation that I venture to guess, not many know about.

There really really really needs to be some mention in a BIG WAY of this change in the readme file. For years we have been going to the admin config file to post the location of the admin file. Now that method is gone and folks like me are wondering how to inform ZC where the admin folder is.

I read your post but I am still puzzled how ZC will pick up on any change of my admin folder NAME. So in response to your post about me knowing where the admin folder is...of course I do. My point was how do we inform AC the location?

You said that I have to name it and then navigate there and ZC will detect it. What if I merely rename it?
    Last edited by pixelpadre; 30 May 2012 at 12:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The whole idea is that you SIMPLY rename the folder. There's no hard-coded path required in the configure.php file, which makes it much simpler to rename your admin folder, because ALL you need to do is just rename the folder. No special configuration changes required.

http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...horized-access

Plugin Contributions

I just tried renaming admin folder then I went to the url and i get the dreaded you are running zen for the first time message.

Plugin Contributions

The rest of my site is working. I just cant get to the admin login page

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast