Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Canada Post Updating

I have the CPC mod installed in V1.5 and when going to the shopping cart or when the cart is updating it takes a while for the shipping rates to be calculated, just wondering if it is possible to have a message displayed that it is updating or has somebody come up with something like that.
    Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Canada Post Updating

I was wondering it if it's possible to include the Canada Post module into the distribution, as its install is quite difficult process.
    Also, every time I tried using the module, I had to give up, as it was consistently overcharging the customers and I had to manually correct the invoices 100% of the time.
    The module does not seem to recognize the situation where Small Packet rate should be used instead of Expedited parcel.

Or am I doing something wrong?
    My install: was Vanilla 1.3.9h, now 1.5.5b, Apache 2.4, PHP 7.0.6, MySQL 5.5.8 64b, Windows 7 64b, 8GB RAM, i3 3.3gHz
    Modules: [Payment=Paypal] [Shipping=Canada Post 1.5.3 merged] [nonCAPTCHA]

Hi
    I have it installed and it's working perfect for me. When you say small packer rate are you reffering to a parcel to the USA ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
    Hi
    I have it installed and it's working perfect for me. When you say small packer rate are you reffering to a parcel to the USA ?
    It's worldwide, which includes USA.
    My install: was Vanilla 1.3.9h, now 1.5.5b, Apache 2.4, PHP 7.0.6, MySQL 5.5.8 64b, Windows 7 64b, 8GB RAM, i3 3.3gHz

Hi Tall man, I am testing my website and you could go to
    http://dev.mysurplus.ca/index.php?ma...products_id=20 and add the product to your cart go to checkout and select USA , texas 79705 and see what comes up.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Tall man, I am testing my website and you could go to
    http://dev.mysurplus.ca/index.php?ma...products_id=20 and add the product to your cart go to checkout and select USA , texas 79705 and see what comes up.
    Shipping quotes are based on the address information you selected:
    Texas 79705 United States
    Available Shipping Methods Rates
    Canada Post (Priority Worldwide USA) CAD $127.10
    Canada Post (Xpresspost USA) CAD $39.84
    Canada Post (Expedited US Business) CAD $25.69
    Canada Post (Small Packets Air) CAD $17.67
    Canada Post (Small Packets Surface) CAD $14.66
    Free Shipping Options (Free Shipping if applicable to product) CAD $0.00
    Store Pickup (Walk In) CAD $0.00

Do they look not right to you ?

Plugin Contributions

Do they look not right to you ?
    No idea, tell me.

I do add a small amt for handling but the numbers are right on compared to going to CPC website and also their rate chart from the post office. I have tested this pretty thoroughly and even selecting different items various quantities to come up with a large amount of items and the calculations are right on, one major reason i am going with Zencart is that i can calculate Other lettermail which i haven't found on any other cart. I have 2 other websites and when somebody orders 2,3 or 4 items the shipping charges are way out of wack because the items are not combined into one. Zencart seems to do that rather nicely. You just have to pay close attention how you setup the CPC module and read through the post. Only thing i don't like too much is that when a customer selects to update the cart it might take a few seconds for the prices to be updated and it would be nice to have an icon or message that advises the customer that the page is updating.
    Hope this helps.

Plugin Contributions

I do add a small amt for handling but the numbers are right on compared to going to CPC website and also their rate chart from the post office. I have tested this pretty thoroughly and even selecting different items various quantities to come up with a large amount of items and the calculations are right on, one major reason i am going with Zencart is that i can calculate Other lettermail which i haven't found on any other cart. I have 2 other websites and when somebody orders 2,3 or 4 items the shipping charges are way out of wack because the items are not combined into one. Zencart seems to do that rather nicely. You just have to pay close attention how you setup the CPC module and read through the post. Only thing i don't like too much is that when a customer selects to update the cart it might take a few seconds for the prices to be updated and it would be nice to have an icon or message that advises the customer that the page is updating.
    Hope this helps.
    Maybe it's just me or my products. I am scared of changing anything once the site is working, because the process of installing CP module is so complicated. Thus using Ship-in-a-click manually every time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast